Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » I want LUDICROUS speed! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I want LUDICROUS speed!
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Once I figured out how to do plaid, I couldn't resist:

--Baloo

------------------
It is less important that you agree with me than it is for you to to understand what I'm saying.

http://members.tripod.com/~Bob_Baloo/index.htm

Starbuck
"Replicate some marmalade, Commander - helm control is toast!"
Member # 153

- posted      Profile for Starbuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
**flicks a switch**
**grins evilly as a small jar of jam impacts on Baloo's sensors**

Anyone want to paraphrase Baloo's next line?

------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nonsense B. you just scanned in your underpants

------------------
Ralph: Um, Miss Hoover? There's a dog in the vent.
Hoover: Ralph, remember the time you said Snagglepuss was outside?
Ralph: He was going to the bathroom.

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
  1. "We're being jammed!

2. Nonsense. I don't have a scanner.

------------------
It is less important that you agree with me than it is for you to to understand what I'm saying.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coincidentally enough, I just watched part of Spaceballs tonight, including the Ludicrous Speed scene... :-)

Barf: "What the hell is that?!"

Lone Star: "Spaceball-1..."

Barf: "They've gone to plaid!"

------------------
"General Hammond: Request permission to beat the crap out of this man."
-Colonel O'Neill, Stargate: SG-1: "Bane"

Starbuck
Member # 153

- posted      Profile for Starbuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder...
Am I the only user here who would dare to give Baloo the *raspberry*??

------------------

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nonsense
*fires off a whole spread of jam*

------------------
Death before Dishonor!
However Dishonor has
quite a disputed defintion.

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

[Erects whole-wheat-toasted-and-buttered shields.]

YUM!

------------------

Lt. Tom
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tragedy struck today as the USS Ludicrous NX-000001-F was lost with all hands. The ship, which served as a testbed for several advanced technologies, plummeted into the Indian Ocean approximately five seconds after activation of its "buttered-whole-wheat-toast" shields. This was regarded by nearly everyone to be extremely odd, since it was being tested sectors away.

"We really don't understand it," admitted a member of the Ludicrous Technology Development Project. "All we know at this point is that the buttered side of toast has an unholy attraction to the crust of the planet Earth."

Despite the failings of this test, plans to develop the Ludicrous-class (with standard shields in place of toast) proceed apace. The starships Insane, Ridiculous, Incredible, Unbelievable, and Highly Improbable will all incorporate a hybrid Improbability-Bad News drive that allows for speeds in excess of R17.

EDIT: Grr, forgot to close a tag.

[This message has been edited by Lt. Tom (edited November 27, 1999).]

IP: Logged
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

Damn! I forgot about the "buttered-side-down" law. I should've used the un-butterd toast shields!

------------------
"It is required of every man," the Ghost returned, "that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellowmen, and travel far and wide; and if that spirit goes not forth in life, it is condemned to do so after death. It is doomed to wander through the world -- oh, woe is me! -- and witness what it cannot share, but might have shared on earth, and turned to happiness!"
-- Jacob Marley's Ghost (A Christmas Carol -- Charles Dickens)

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Professor Gonk: But, you zee, if zey had only attatched ze kitty-cat to ze zhields, veet up like zo, ze inverze veet-virzt zpin ratio vould haff balanced out the butterred toazt zide, prrreventink zuch a calamity, und ze Ludicrous vould ztill be flyink!

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I hope they iron these problems out by the third production batch, I'm in line to command the USS You've Got To Be Kidding. . . 8)

------------------
Remo Williams: "Chiun, you're amazing!"
Chiun: "No! I am BETTER than that!"

- Remo: Unarmed and Dangerous (1986)

Starfleet Weapons & Tactics

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool! I'll be commanding the USS Aw, Man...

Which is scheduled to be launched at the same time as the USS Oops, the USS GEEZ! and the USS Criminy!

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm perfectly happy with the USS Typo.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Anarchias de meizon ouk estin kakon." - Creon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*thinks Baloo should send his picture to the people at "You Can't Do That On Star Trek"* :-)

------------------
"Is he live or dead? Has he thoughts within his head?"
-Black Sabbath, "Iron Man"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps