Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » USS Merrimac - Recon Ship

Author Topic: USS Merrimac - Recon Ship
Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Keep forgetting the subdirectory! :P]
[Damned UBB Code!]

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Aurora/2896/stuff/merrimac.jpg

It's a big (dimension-wise) image, so I linked it.

Features:
-High-density shield arrays (parts of it are primary, then secondary and emergency backup. if needed, all three can be running at once)
-"Super Duper"-type sensor arrays (four in all)
-Experimental Hyper-Subspace Transmitter/Reciever Assembly

Comment, please! I don't like posting here if no one gives criticism and complements.

------------------
If the government has no knowledge of aliens, then why does Title 14, Section 1211 of the Code of Federal Regulations, implemented on July 16, 1969, make it illegal for U.S. citizens to have any contact with extraterrestrials or their vehicles?

My Stuff!

[This message has been edited by Sunspot (edited December 07, 1999).]

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooh... Very nice...

------------------
"Yeah, well I need a purple wig but you don't see me complaining!"
-Nathan McFarlane

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting. It appears rather squat and compact. Rather businesslike. When can we expect a front and/or a side view?

--Baloo

------------------
That�s one of the things that bothers me about Star Trek - the faint whiff of Singapore wafts from the Federation. Clean, peaceable, industrious - with jail sentences for anti-social chewing-gum disposal.
--James Lileks
http://members.tripod.com/~Bob_Baloo/index.htm

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Promising. Right now I don't have an idea if it's rather flat or an ellipsoid, anyway, it has potential. Maybe the nacelles could be modified so as to look less like squashed Galaxy nacelles. The shape is okay, only the details should be changed.

------------------
"Naomi Wildman, sub-unit of Ensign Samantha Wildman, state your intentions." (VOY: "Infinite Regress")
Ex Astris Scientia

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would definately de-Galaxyize the nacelles. Also, scan your drawing, use Photoshop or Illustrator to trace over half of it, make a copy of the half, flip it, and put the two together. That way you have a nice, clean, symetrical drawing.

------------------
"Resolve and thou art free."

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks good.

------------------
Death before Dishonor!
However Dishonor has
quite a disputed defintion.

Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay..trying to remember the questions..

-The nacelles were my favorite part, so the basid shape'll stay. :P

-If I get around to doing a front view, the bottom will be kinda flattened, with the wingtips pointing down and the pylons slightly upward.

-The image is symmetrical, I scanned & flipped it width-wise. Tracing over it would be too time-consuming for me, since I can barely find time to even check the Internet nowadays.

I see this ship as operating in small task groups, with one or more being configured to carry troops and land vehicles. The ships are small and sturdy enough to allow temporary planetfall for offloading of forces.

(hmm...I'm having a hard time from slipping between tenses...)

------------------
If the government has no knowledge of aliens, then why does Title 14, Section 1211 of the Code of Federal Regulations, implemented on July 16, 1969, make it illegal for U.S. citizens to have any contact with extraterrestrials or their vehicles?

My Stuff!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps