Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » New Ship

Author Topic: New Ship
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK bear in mind that some of the structures may LOOK familiar... like where the arrow is pointing - but they are just to represent the shape of the hull - not its 'function' - its not as if the engineering hull has been LITERALLY split in half - it just is using those parts... but for nacelles, shuttlebays, bridge etc... they are what they are

Andrew

------------------
"Its a CLOCK!" - Sisko, "Dramatis Personae" DS9.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm. This, I think, has great potential. Keep fiddling with it.

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree that this ship has potential. I don't like the fins, and I don't like that voyagerish main hull, but I like the nacelles and pylon thingys.

------------------
Quark-"Stop. Or I'll disintigrate this hostage."

20th Century General-"With Your Finger?"

Quark-"With my death ray."

20th Century General-"Looks alot like a finger to me."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, in this view, if it were redrawn w/ original parts, I would like it. Unfortunately, the idea I get of what the side view would be like doesn't sit well w/ me. Could you do a side view, so I can see if maybe it's different from what I'm imagining?

------------------
"'...This boy is Ignorance. This girl is Want. Beware them both, and all of their degree, but most of all beware this boy, for on his brow I see that written which is Doom, unless the writing be erased. Deny it!' cried the Spirit stretching out its hand towards the city. 'Slander those who tell it ye! Admit it for your factious purposes, and make it worse. And abide the end!'"
-Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it but I would say make it a little wider and use original parts. I hate going through a new ship and being able to say "Excelsior, Intrepid, Sovereign...how the Hell did a runabout's sensor pod get that big?!?!?"

------------------
"Resolve and thou art free."

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey - its not a runabout sensor pod AT ALL... it was made original - but as I said AT LEAST TWICE... they aren't the actual parts - but are just there to represent the shape of the hull. third time.

------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

also, I did this ship just for fun - it took about half-an-hour.

------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aban: Where do you see Excelsior and Sovereign parts on that?

------------------
New sig coming soon!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the back end is that of an Excelsior. But when he said those, they might have simply been examples...

------------------
"'...This boy is Ignorance. This girl is Want. Beware them both, and all of their degree, but most of all beware this boy, for on his brow I see that written which is Doom, unless the writing be erased. Deny it!' cried the Spirit stretching out its hand towards the city. 'Slander those who tell it ye! Admit it for your factious purposes, and make it worse. And abide the end!'"
-Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To be honest with you, it's a bit messy. I'd like to see a front and side view of the ship to make something of it.

------------------
"There will be an answer, let it be..."
Motto of the USS Sutherland

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm...looks interesting. Once it's not 50-thousand sifferent-ships-in-one, and is fleshed out more, I think it'll look cool.

------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. Alright, give me the bomb" -Ultra Magnus, Fight or Flee

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes there is an Excelsior back end, but I wasn't talking about his ship in particular. I was just talking about some kitbashes in general. And yes I know that that isn't a runabout pod. The humungo runabout pod is just one of my pet peeves.

------------------
"Resolve and thou art free."

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It has potential. If you are able to smoothen the transitions from one hull part to the other and remove some of the edges and gaps, it would make a really fine design. You would only have to find a justification for the "wings" which are not Federation-like.

------------------
"Naomi Wildman, sub-unit of Ensign Samantha Wildman, state your intentions." (VOY: "Infinite Regress")

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps