Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Type-12 Shuttlecraft

Author Topic: Type-12 Shuttlecraft
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Recently, while coming up with ideas for my little Trek Series I am writing, I needed a shuttlecraft for one of my stories. Since this story takes place 2-3 years in the future, I wanted a slightly newer design, so I developed this new shuttle, called the Type-12. It's based off the Type-9 shuttlecraft, the Defiant Class, and my own Titan Class USS Thresher, which is at the center of the story. The Titan's impulse engines were the main part of the design added to this shuttle. The impulse engines are added to the slanted area at the back of the shuttle, on either side of the aft entry door. The pod on top shouldn't be mistaken for the impulse engines, it actually houses sensors. A forward deflector dish is built into the front, with a dual communications array on either side built into a small groove. The weapons are built into the top of the nacelle, in the large red box. The shuttle has dual phaser arrays on either side, adding up to 4 forward facing arrays. The variant of this shuttle, the Type-12B, features a slightly more advanced shield grid on her starboard and port, and a micro-torpedo launcher beneath the deflector dish in the front. Also, a nice little design was painted into the groove for the communications array, bearing a likeness to the "shark teeth" design used by fighter pilots in the Second World War. I also have a list of the 6 prototypes for this shuttle class (All assigned to Thresher)

Shuttlecraft Buckaroo Banzai NCC-78047/07 (Type A)
Shuttlecraft John Whorfin NCC-78047/08 (Type A)
Shuttlecraft John Bigboote` NCC-78047/09 (Type B)
Shuttlecraft New Jersey NCC-78047/10 (Type A)
Shuttlecraft Penny Priddy NCC-78047/11 (Type A)
Shuttlecraft Hikita NCC-78047/12 (Type B)

Comments?

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very cool shuttle!

------------------
If the government has no knowledge of aliens, then why does Title 14, Section 1211 of the Code of Federal Regulations, implemented on July 16, 1969, make it illegal for U.S. citizens to have any contact with extraterrestrials or their vehicles?

My Stuff!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Drools on shoes*

That's a pretty sweet shuttle. Can I have one? If you have time, that would make a killer rendering in Photoshop or something.

I took a look at your ship too. I like the MSD artwork but I don't like the ship as much as the shuttle. Just MHO, of course.

What's your story about. Care to post a synopsis? If not, you could also e-mail some text [email protected]

Admin: I've noticed that e-mail addresses aren't available on the profiles. I assume you had some problems with that. There's no problem posting my address for file swapping requests like this is there?

------------------
"Resolve and thou art free."

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I don't have Photoshop or anything like that. All my drawings are with MSPaint! Even that MSD was created in MSPaint (and took forever).

My story is at my site. I have a bunch of ideas layed at out the moment, but little has been written overall. It's mainly due to the fact that the webpage provider I use has very limited space per page, so I can only write very short chapters, which has made the story quite choppy.

And they took off the e-mail option because someone mass-spammed everyone on the board.

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<>

Some people...

Anyway, if you don't mind, I'm going to try rendering it the way I'm thinking using Photoshop 5. I'll have to do it while my boss isn't looking though so it make take a few days. If you want, I'll e-mail you a JPEG of the final product. If you really like it, you can post it. I'm an idiot and don't know how...

------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MSPAINT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

*heart stops beating .... he drops dead*

------------------
"There will be an answer, let it be..."
Motto of the USS Sutherland

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are there any pics of the Type 12B?

------------------

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

Yeah, but I didn't send them to Fabrux to post. Besides, the only physical difference is that the shield grid on the side is a darker color and there is a crappy looking shark teeth pattern on the front

------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And what's wrong with MSPaint? I do everything in it, except converting to GIF.

------------------
I'm blue, da ba dee, da ba dai, da ba dee, da ba dai

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Well, 359, I've got a quickkie JPEG done. If you want to see it, just post your e-mail.

------------------

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

[email protected]

------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

Of course, that was completely IMHO

------------------

Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MSPaint has none of the tools that a mid-grade program such as PSP offers... PSP is way easier to use, with the keyboard shortcuts, layers, etc, etc.

It's just better.

------------------
If the government has no knowledge of aliens, then why does Title 14, Section 1211 of the Code of Federal Regulations, implemented on July 16, 1969, make it illegal for U.S. citizens to have any contact with extraterrestrials or their vehicles?

My Stuff!

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PSP is too complicated for me..

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"My son and I have this wonderful kind of rivalry. Since I've taken over the Mac department in our home, he's seen fit to take over the PC. I have a routine I do for him, walking down the hall, bumping into walls, doing corkscrews and stumbling. I tell him I'm a Windows operating system." - John de Lancie

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really love the shuttle!
Top view?

------------------
Quark-"Stop. Or I'll disintigrate this hostage."

20th Century General-"With Your Finger?"

Quark-"With my death ray."

20th Century General-"Looks alot like a finger to me."

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps