Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Weird Combination

Author Topic: Weird Combination
Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there. It's been a while since I last visited the artwork section and I don't know if anyone mentioned this before: I like to build Star Trek models, not just from model kits, but out of LEGO bricks!
I know this seems odd as there aren't any round pieces, but it works quite fine for me.

At the moment I have got 3 Mirandas (2 Lantree version, 1 Reliant), an Excelsior, Nebula, Akira and I'm working on a Sovereign, which is quite challenging. The first model I built was the Ent-D, but I had to take it apart as I needed the Saucer etc. for the Nebula.

Anyone else tried this? Any comments, questions?

------------------
oh behave!!

Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey cool a fellow lego Fan !

I've been trying to build Trek Ships for a while , do you have pics of your work ? or maybe Directions ?

I've been building b5 ships for a while but ive never been able to build anything trek , I did get close to the Completing the Delta Flyer but it didnt look right

------------------
"Marge .. Do you have other men in this House ? .. Radioactive men?"
~Homer "The Simpsons"

http://www.geocities.com/travlyn2

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool. I tried this a while ago, but I sucked pretty bad, what with my green and red Olympic.

I don't suppose you could post pictures of any of your models, could you?

------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. Alright, give me the bomb" -Ultra Magnus, Fight or Flee

KXZ
Member # 119

- posted      Profile for KXZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did the same thing with Lego. I built a square version of DS9 with only one ring and four pylons going up and down. Everything was miniature. I made the standard for the saucer section two 8 stud bricks and the hull one 8 stud brick.

------------------
All hands, abandon ship! All hand, abandon...
BOOM!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The thing for good lego building is to make them BIG... and I mean BIG! Think of that lego land in Denmark? or if anyone has been to any travelling lego shows... anything that looks real or that has detail is large - using lots of bricks... so try it guys! Maybe a few of you could get together and pool your lego pieces and plan its construction...

Andrew

------------------
"All the lonely people, where do they all come from" - Eleanor Rigby, The Beatles.

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, as for the pictures, unfortunately my scanner doesn't work at the moment, but I will try to get this sorted out.

I also tried to do building-instructions using "ldraw", a nice tool which is, sadly, quite time-consuming. I haven't used it for some time but will try again in the near future.

I forgot to mention in my ship list that I also did two Klingon BoP and a Vorcha. I had to dismantle the latter, though, because I needed the parts elsewhere. Shame really.

Anyway I will try to post some pics ASAP.

------------------
oh behave!!

Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BoP's are easy they always come out pretty cool :-) , I built four of them , i was able to make the Klingon Station from DS9 "Apocolypse Rising" its hangin in my Office

But Federation Ships are harder seeing as there arnt any curved pieces :-(

Right now i am working on a lego version of the Peregrine Class Fighter based on this model.

------------------
"Marge .. Do you have other men in this House ? .. Radioactive men?"
~Homer "The Simpsons"

http://www.geocities.com/travlyn2

[This message has been edited by Dhunter (edited January 08, 2000).]

TerraZ
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm eager to see some pictures. I once built some ships, namely the Ent-A and Ent-D but they weren't very recognizable at about 6 inches in lenght. I also built a custom design that could be assembled in three different configuration. A "Transformer" starship of sorts...

------------------
-If you ask me, I think continuity is highly overrated...
*Brannon Braga*

-Where were you when the brains were handed out?
*Sonic the Hedgehog*

IP: Logged
Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

As for the sizes, the Nebula is 10 inches long, 7,5 wide and 3,5 in hight.
The Mirandas are slightly smaller, yet out of scale.
The BoPs are roughly in scale with the Nebula, same with the Akira and the Sovereign. The Excelsior is somewhere in between.

By the way, don't want to sound stupid, but when I want to post the pics, how can I do that?

------------------
oh behave!!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps