Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Intrepid Class Artwork (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Intrepid Class Artwork
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TSN: You mean you don't LIKE the Equinox Actually there are parts of it I don't like too, but I did an angle that shows off its good parts. But yes, it is the Equinox Nova Class. The background and lettering are both done, I just have to put all the detail and highlights in the ship itself. I'd love to do one of the Nova classes from the TNG:TM, but by limiting myself to strictly cannon ships, I've fooled myself into believing I might actually get them all done some day.

Starbuck: Khai Tam? do you mean the piece I did for the fan club? That was kind of a cool piece to do. I had to use my Ent. D model for photo reference, then change alot of the details to make it a smaller saucer than the Galaxy's. Always fun. Getting paid to do Trek stuff. Does life get any better than that?

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aban Rune: Ever thought of joining the Star Trek art department?

------------------
"A few more calculations"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now wouldn't that be the dream?! "Hey Aban, I need a concept painting of the new uniforms, give me 5 ideas by the end of the day." or "Hey Aban. Fandango Class starship. We need an idea for Voyager's series finale. 3 ideas by Friday."

Nah. I could never handle the pace... I'll settle for doing the book covers some day. But it would be great!!

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Starbuck
"Replicate some marmalade, Commander - helm control is toast!"
Member # 153

- posted      Profile for Starbuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aban: Yeah, the piece for the fan club (USS Fox River) is a Khai Tam class, designed by the Starfleet chapter USS Khai Tam of Tallahassee, FL.
Nice design innit?

------------------
"Replicate some marmalade, Commander - helm control is toast!"

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TSN, there's at least one Nova concept in the TNGTM that is absolutely horrid by any standards.
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Garak, which Nova would that be? I've alwayes hated the saucer-less ship with nacelles at the very front.

------------------
7 alarm clock: "Do not touch me."
Dilbert: "Then how do I turn you off?"
7: "Believe me, I am plenty turned off."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Elim: I'm just talking about the one that most people seemed to like. The one w/ the segmented saucer.

Aban: No, I don't like the Nova. It's way too squat and... fat-looking. :-)

------------------
Jay Leno: "In the story of 'Jack and the Beanstalk', what did the goose lay?"
"Bosco": "Everybody."
-The Tonight Show, "Jaywalking"

[This message has been edited by TSN (edited February 22, 2000).]

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Somebody has actually done a mesh and several rendered images of the segmented saucer version. I can't remember whose site I saw it on though...

I agree that the Nova has its drawbacks, especially its pigbelly underside. But, in my pic, the underside isn't showing and all we see is the upper part of the saucer with that cool secondary nav dish all glowy and stuff

The problem with the ships in the TNG:TM is that all we see is the dorsal view. If they gave us a side view to go along with it, we might like them better. The problem the Tech Man created right off the bat was saying that this supposed Nova Class was going to be the Ent E. They had no reason to say this. The Ent D was designed to be in service for 100 years. They should have said that the Nova class was a new type of starship they were working on that would be in service soon. Had they said that, we could just assume that the Nova class we saw as the Equinox is what they ended up with.

------------------

TerraZ
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I rather prefer the segmented saucer-one too. But the one with the angular/curvilinear saucer would'nt look so bad with a bit of reworking. I did it and ended up with the Terra class but of course I have yet to scan it. (Made a crappy ASCII of it once but nobody seemed interested > ) Oh well... maybe if I get it scanned, someone will actually LOOK at it...

------------------
-If you took that broomstick out of your tail-pipe once in a while, you might have some FUN for a change!
*Rattrap - Beast Wars*

-Let the Fates land where they may!
*Megatron - Beast Machines*

IP: Logged
Grand Admiral Reese
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, thats a good picture. Looks like a comic. Really good.

------------------
"The Force will be with you, always."-Spirit of Ben Kenobi, ANH

IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps