Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » A Simple POLL

Author Topic: A Simple POLL
Mythril
Member # 286

- posted      Profile for Mythril     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does any one on this board find my artwork offensive in any way.

------------------
I am not responsible for the stupidity of other people.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some artwork may be deemed somewhat offensive due to the suggestive nature of the pictures. However, it appears to be nothing that either Charles, Fabrux, and the other Admins would be pissed off at.

Because of the nature of your topic, this will be sent to the Artwork Forum.

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not offensive at all! Keep posting!

------------------
"I am a hyena. A hyena is an animal who laughs when there is nothing funy to laugh at. This is the sound a hyena makes. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha."--W.E.B. Griffen, Semper Fi

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not offensive. Occasionally disturbing, sometimes provacative, and always improving, but not offensive.

To tell the truth, I think your attempts at portraying gore and blood might benefit from a field trip to the local slaughterhouse. The real thing is rather different from how you've been portraying it.

And study skeletons, musclature, and find something on forensic sculpture. All three will help you get your realism even better. Charles M. Jones suggests that you can learn a lot about how to draw feet by drawing a sneaker to fit it (particularly with non-human feet), however, I'm not sure he wasn't kidding.

------------------
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
-- William Pitt
Come Hither and Yawn...

Mythril
Member # 286

- posted      Profile for Mythril     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This helps somewhat.

------------------
I am not responsible for the stupidity of other people.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Regarding what Tahna said... The official position on this is that you can post whatever you want, as long as you've got warnings on the stuff that's going to bother people.

As far as my personal feelings on the matter... Well, I think you need to get out a bit more (which is rather strange, coming from me), but I certainly don't find it offensive. I'd have to take it personally to be offended, and I'd have to be one hell of a nutcase to find any reason to take any of it personally, since none of it has anything to do w/ me in the slightest. :-)

------------------
Jay Leno: "In the story of 'Jack and the Beanstalk', what did the goose lay?"
"Bosco": "Everybody."
-The Tonight Show, "Jaywalking"

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps