Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Brand New Art: May offend some people

Author Topic: Brand New Art: May offend some people
Mythril
Member # 286

- posted      Profile for Mythril     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is a brand new version of the intendant

The Intendant

------------------
I am not responsible for the stupidity of other people.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Out of all your previous stuff this is among the least offensive. Maybe if she were kissing another girl or something.

Also, people, including Bajorans have foreheads. I don't mean to be too critical, your art looks good. Reminds me of Joe Mad...however you spell his last name.

Oh, and congrats on being one of the fastest people getting Senior Member status. Took me months.

------------------
"The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park" - Torres
Federation Starship Datalink - On that annoying Tripod server.

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think that was even close to being offensive.
And I'm sure it'll take me around two months at most for me to become a senior member.

------------------
7 alarm clock: "Do not touch me."
Dilbert: "Then how do I turn you off?"
7: "Believe me, I am plenty turned off."

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Necromancer: You seem to be using a diminishing scale as you descend on the body, the shoulders are quite wide, but the hips are disproportionately narrow, and when you show them, the feet are tiny.

I finally remembered something from art class: for an adult's head, the eyes are about halfway between the top of the skull and the chin, the mouth and nose (depending on who you listen to) are either

1. Bottom of nose down 1/3 of the way between the eyes and the chin, and the mouth halfway between or

2. Bottom edge of nose halfway between eyes and chin, with the mouth halfway between the bottom of the nose and the chin.

Of course, if you're Don Martin, the eyes are 1/4 of the way down, the nose occupies 1/3 of the vertical length of the face, and partially obscures the mouth (although I don't think that's the look you're going for ).

--Baloo

------------------
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
-- William Pitt
Come Hither and Yawn...

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Necro: No comment on the pic, but something about your status line... "Blasphemous" has an 's' in it. :-)

------------------
Jay Leno: "In the story of 'Jack and the Beanstalk', what did the goose lay?"
"Bosco": "Everybody."
-The Tonight Show, "Jaywalking"

Starbuck
"Replicate some marmalade, Commander - helm control is toast!"
Member # 153

- posted      Profile for Starbuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Necromancer:
Your art's pretty good... Wish I could do this stuff, but I'm more a fanfic guy...
Maybe if you're not too busy you could try doing a comic strip? Just imagine, Necromancer-meets-Trek-meets-anime... The possibilities are endless (and also hilarious!)

------------------
"Replicate some marmalade, Commander - helm control is toast!"

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love your work. As always good stuff, keep it up.

------------------
Death before Dishonor!
However Dishonor has
quite a disputed defintion.

Marko Latin
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Necro earned his popularity and glory by posting fine pictures like this one which i unfortunately can't see because the link is broken at this time...will someone please check...thank you

------------------
Dream on...in the end...dreams are everything...

IP: Logged
Mythril
Member # 286

- posted      Profile for Mythril     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
working now.

------------------
I am not responsible for the stupidity of other people.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps