Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Shuttlemania...

Author Topic: Shuttlemania...
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been working on more shuttles. I think the Klingon shuttle looks a lot more distinctly "Klingon" than the assault shuttle (the LST) I already have at my site.

There are no write-ups yet, but I will add links as I create descriptions for these vessels.

Klingon Shuttle.

Romulan Light Shuttle.

Romulan Shuttle.

Gorn Shuttle.

Comments?

--Baloo

------------------
"Any teenager in a deserted, adult-free location who has sex will be hacked to red glistening teen tartare before the evening�s out."
--James Lileks
[URL=http://www.geocities.com/cyrano_jones.geo/[/URL]

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Klingon and Rommie shuttles should be greenish and the Klingon shuttle could use some nice bird textures on the pylons, like a BoP

Another thing: The Gorn shuttle is too happy.

Apart form that, I like them
------------------
"Si vis pacem, para bellum." (If you want peace, prepare for war)
- Vegetius
Prakesh's Star Trek Site

[This message has been edited by Prakesh (edited February 28, 2000).]

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I just wanna smack that gornie in the mouth!
But it could be good PR.

------------------
-Have some coffee, it's good!
-Ah don't want none o'your god-damn coffee!!

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Gorn shuttle is done in much the same style as my other Gorn ships (link opens a new window). After watching the Gorn commander in "Arena" a short while ago, I had to conclude that the Gorn must rely heavily on automated systems. Compared to humans, the Gorn are extremely strong, but physically slow.

The pilot most probably controlls the shuttle through a sophisticated "fly-by-wire" system that can compensate for his generally slow physical movements. He doesn't "fly" the shuttle anymore than you "aim" the gun on Duke Nuke-em", but uses the controls to let the shuttle know where he wants to go and what attitude the shuttle should maintain.

To speed the process of loading and unloading passengers (after all, this is probably a military vehicle, not a luxury transport) the "seats" are similar to those in the "standing up" type of roller coasters, with a "saddle", back rest, and some sort of retractable restraint. The transparencies (windows) are rather high on the hull because of this.

--Baloo

------------------
"Going to church does not make you a Christian anymore than going to McDonalds's makes you a hamburger."
--[Source unknown.]
[URL=http://www.geocities.com/cyrano_jones.geo/[/URL]

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then they should be real pushover's in a dogfight! No room for creative-flying!

------------------
-At least I can get it up without biomechanical pumps.

-Try falling into a pit of lava, Moffy. Then see how horny you feel.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Baloo, your link (in the signature) isn't working..

------------------
"Si vis pacem, para bellum." (If you want peace, prepare for war)
- Vegetius
Prakesh's Star Trek Site

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Practical considerations tell us that shuttles should be rather boxes, just like the Type-15 shuttlepod, unless this would cause problems in atmospheric flight (which it obviously doesn't in Star Trek). I wonder in how far they would nevertheless have a distinct "Klingon" or "Romulan" look. Maybe the hull color and plating will make them look less like modified Starfleet shuttles.

------------------
"A few more calculations"

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps