Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Nibat Grui! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Nibat Grui!
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gruim ogtova! Grat iaclic jeratat. Paits fui desfat aiplevemo, hoi fui jreft tsem.

Grui

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"We were leaving New York this morning and we were checking in at the gate at the airport and the attendant said, 'You must be musicians,' and I said, 'Yes,' and she asked, 'What's the name of your band?,' and I said, 'We're called the Statesmen,' and she said, 'Oh, I've heard of you!'. I think if we'd said, you know, 'We're the Green Egg,' or something, she would have said the same thing." - John Linnell

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just one question: why would you like to build tables so much?

------------------
"Si vis pacem, para bellum." (If you want peace, prepare for war)
- Vegetius
Prakesh's Star Trek Site

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bah! So bim eb varfe zevat!

Actually, no reason...it's just the word I decided to use.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"We were leaving New York this morning and we were checking in at the gate at the airport and the attendant said, 'You must be musicians,' and I said, 'Yes,' and she asked, 'What's the name of your band?,' and I said, 'We're called the Statesmen,' and she said, 'Oh, I've heard of you!'. I think if we'd said, you know, 'We're the Green Egg,' or something, she would have said the same thing." - John Linnell

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rapa Nui!

------------------
-At least I can get it up without biomechanical pumps.

-Try falling into a pit of lava, Moffy. Then see how horny you feel.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Er...that doesn't seem to mean anything.

------------------
Frank's Home Page

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's Easter Island or something, isn't it?

------------------
"Si vis pacem, para bellum." (If you want peace, prepare for war)
- Vegetius
Prakesh's Star Trek Site

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Huh?

------------------
Frank's Home Page

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*LOL*

------------------
"You are stupid and evil and do not know you are stupid and evil."
--
Gene Ray, Cubic

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of Easter Island - there is ad in this months Pay TV guide in Australia for The Discovery Channel - basically the same as the US version - about a special on the 'lost continent of mu' - supposedly there are sunken ruins under the pacific - and cavers/divers have been there and found statues and stone heads that look eerily like the Easter Island statues!

Supposedly there were Incan/Mayan/Aztec? legends about a large civilisation (advanced) to the West and there was even Chineese writings of a large civilisation to the East... even supposedly Plato wrote about it - unless they are talking about his writings on Atlantis - but he might have also discussed Mu... It sounds quite interesting considering just recently on some pacific Islands they found some evidence of human buildings/constructions of large stone structures - something that was never undertaken by the present oceania peoples...

And it also fits in with a rather strange - but never heard of again news report from 1997 or 1998 about large carved cuboid stone structures found in dense forests in New Zealand - maybe an outlying city of this Mu civilisation!?!

The Maoris of New Zealand also didn't build permanent stone structures.

We never heard of anything about the New Zealand thing again though...

They are considering one possibility that this civilisation arose during and ice age when the seas were much lower... and of course the warmest places on earth would be around the equator...

Interesting...

Andrew

------------------
"Who wouldn't be the one you love
Who wouldn't stand inside your love." - Stand Inside Your Love, The Smashing Pumpkins

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Fui bre qeicbaidrabireno limuno!

(See, now we can insult people without calling them tables... )

*screams after seeing Andrew's message, also*

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"This is a brand new song...we haven't recorded it yet, but we're going to now." - John Flansburgh

[This message has been edited by The Shadow (edited February 29, 2000).]

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK just continuing on this tangent - I just found this after a quick web search!

quote:
On the Literal Trail of Mu

Colonel James Churchward discovered Mu during a relief effort in India. The high priest of a Buddhist temple showed Churchward tablets made by holy brother sent from Mu to bring wisdom
to its colonies (Kolosimo,57) Similar tablets were unearthed at Mayan sites and translated with the Landa alphabet to revel the legend of Princess Moo and the island continents demise. A
symbol believed to be the Greek letter mu was found in a 18,000 year old Mongolian tomb. The only physical evidence for the existence of Mu is the similarities between the people of
Polynesia, Micronesia, and Melanesia. Is it possible they are Muian refugees?

Taken from:
Lost Tribes, Sunken Continents and Ancient Astronauts: Cult Archaeology and Creationism Briefing on Lost Continents Prepared by Sharon McKee

------------------
"Who wouldn't be the one you love
Who wouldn't stand inside your love." - Stand Inside Your Love, The Smashing Pumpkins

[This message has been edited by AndrewR (edited March 01, 2000).]

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

AUGH! Teidonfiat Gruim, golaip ied limuno lizica fuim!

(Actually, all this unrelated stuff has given me ideas for plenty of additions to the vocabulary section...)

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"This is a brand new song...we haven't recorded it yet, but we're going to now." - John Flansburgh

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't go worrying about Mu, Lemuria, Atlantis, Ry'leh, or any other 'fabled sunken realms.' You'll only cause yourself anxiety and grief.

There are some things you just don't need to know. Accept it, and you'll be happier.

This will be your only warning.

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

I agree completely! Now, then, back to Grui!

------------------
Frank's Home Page

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't quite get the sentence structure yet...

Sod grui lic varfe?

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps