Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » My first go at it...

Author Topic: My first go at it...
Squawk
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is my first real ship to be done out. It's pretty simple in terms of the actual picture, but it gets the idea across.
be brutal...
USS Independance, NX-80010. http://www.geocities.com/craig_ayre/testbed.jpg
Specs in work
It's based of the Defiant, somewhere around 250~m, and has a more peacekeeping than battle role.

------------------
"Friends are just enemies that don't have the guts to kill ya"

IP: Logged
Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice work.

------------------
"I am a hyena. A hyena is an animal who laughs when there is nothing funy to laugh at. This is the sound a hyena makes. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha."--W.E.B. Griffen, Semper Fi

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The front view doesn't match up with the top and side views.. According to the other views, the bussards aren't viewable from the front...

------------------
Ross: "Inter arma, enim silent leges."
Bashir: "'In the time of war the law falls silent.' Cicero. Have we become a 24th-century Rome, driven by the fact that Caesar can do no wrong?!"
-Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What, specifically, is a peacekeeping role and how does it differ from a battle role?

(Not criticizing the design -- I like the look).

--Baloo

------------------
"Going to church does not make you a Christian anymore than going to McDonalds's makes you a hamburger."
--[Source unknown.]
http://www.geocities.com/cyrano_jones.geo/

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before you go and write it on the image, Independence doesn't have an 'a'.

------------------
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
-Mark Twain

Fructose
Member # 309

- posted      Profile for Fructose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If peacekeeping is anything like it today, it should be called peacemaking. But really, it would probably involve quelling uprisings, helping rebuild economies and infrastructure, and distrubtining pro-federation propaganda. You know, the usual.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Baloo: I think "peacekeeping" is to "battle" as the Department of Defense is to the Department of War. :-)

------------------
Jackson: "Basically, he was the original Satan."
O'Neill: "Well, isn't that special?"
-Stargate SG-1: "Serpent's Song"

Squawk
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peacekeeping is the role, that after the Dominion war, to put down the "brush fires" that Picard and co. mentioned in Insurrection. Think of it this way, the Defiant was built to just plain kick the crap out of people. The Independence was built to keep others from kicking the crap out of themselves, and if things get ugly, THEN to be the Defiant

It's a warship, without a war, So, it's making sure it never gets a war to fight in.

------------------
"Friends are just enemies that don't have the guts to kill ya"

IP: Logged
Dane Simri
Member # 272

- posted      Profile for Dane Simri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not bad at all! I especially like your cruciform deflector design.

------------------
Dane

"Mathematicians have long held that a million monkeys banging on a million keyboards would eventually reproduce the collected wisdom of the human race. Now, thanks to the internet, we know this is not true." -- Robert Silensky

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As my dad's analogy might go...

"Peacemaker" is coming upstairs when the children are fighting and tanning their hides until they stop.

"Peacekeeper" is letting them know you're standing outside the door and will tan their hides again, if you hear so much as a peep.

The ship is good, especially for a first shot. certainly better than some of mine, which, incidentally, I should be mailing to Baloo tomorow. !

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps