Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Romulan fast destroyer...

Author Topic: Romulan fast destroyer...
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Click on the pic to read the description.

"Gull" fast destroyer

(Not it's real name!)

--Baloo

------------------
"Going to church does not make you a Christian anymore than going to McDonalds's makes you a hamburger."
--[Source unknown.]
http://www.geocities.com/cyrano_jones.geo/

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting. It looks like a Klingon-Romulan hybrid. Maybe some remainder of the short alliance and the Romulan D-7 ships.

I especially like it because there is no other mid-sized Romulan ship.

------------------
"A few more calculations"

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It does look like a midway point between the old D-7 ships and the Warbirds. Like a point midway along the morph, if you tried morphing the two images together. Cool.

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was the idea behind this vessel and the Cormorant fast cruiser (even if everyone seems to think it looks like the Whitestar ).

I drew the Cormorant first, then decided I wanted a smaller vessel based on the same general layout. The Gull is shorter overall (in pixels), with a shorter body, nacelles, and a different "head and neck" than the cormorant. I changed the scale a bit to ensure it was definitely smaller, and there you have it.

The Gull might be a kitbash, but at least I gave it some thought and didn't just change the scale and leave things at that.

--Baloo

------------------
"Going to church does not make you a Christian anymore than going to McDonalds's makes you a hamburger."
--[Source unknown.]
http://www.geocities.com/cyrano_jones.geo/

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps