Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » A story for you guys

Author Topic: A story for you guys
Mythril
Member # 286

- posted      Profile for Mythril     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is the first three chapters of a Buffy Fan ficion i am working on. I would really apreciate your oppinions.

You know the drill copy and paste
http://io.spaceports.com/~necros/Img/stories/Chapters/Other_Stories/buffy.htm

------------------
I am not responsible for the stupidity of other people.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't like Buffy so I'm not going to read that...

Sorry.

------------------
"Yes. I have seventeen brains! And eleven legs. And a pecan."
-Frank Gerratana, March 3, 2000

Mythril
Member # 286

- posted      Profile for Mythril     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your loss.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Necromancer (edited March 18, 2000).]

Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not really his loss... I couldn't even finish it. The grammatical errors were driving me crazy! =\

Get it Beta-read or run it through a spellcheck/grammarcheck program.

------------------
My Stuff!

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started to read it, but as with Sunspot, couldn't finish. Present tense stories are very hard to read.

And you don't NEED to add a qualifier to each line of dialogue. Lines like this bog down a story immensely:

"Hi." He says cheerfully.
"Hey yourself." She says jokingly.
"What'cha doin'?" He asks interestedly.
"I don't know." She says as she walks to the door.

[This message has been edited by Ultra Magnus (edited March 18, 2000).]

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Literary criticism: Painful but necessary.

I think I got farther than the rest, and paid no attention to the errors. I'm just not a buffy fan. If you served me a Vegan dinner, you would have gotten much the same reaction. Not your fault.

The spelling and grammar, however, are important. It pays to take your work to someone who's never seen it and have them look it over. It's amazing how the perfect story in your mind can get garbled betwixt thought and presentation.

Grit your teeth, bare your chest, and let them start stabbing. It only hurts for a little while, until you realize it's only scratches. It'll improve your writing a lot, once you learn not to take it personally. If you didn't take it personally, good for you! It took me a little while to get to that stage.

Constructive criticism is very important to writing. That's why newspapers pay their editors more than their writers.

--Baloo

------------------
"Lassie, her ears pricked up!"
--Atoth the Tamarian [From "Star Trek: Door Repair Guy"]
http://www.geocities.com/cyrano_jones.geo/

Mythril
Member # 286

yeah, this was a spur of the moment kind of thing. And i am used to people critizing my work, so it does not bother me.

------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps