Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » UESPA Battlecruiser

Author Topic: UESPA Battlecruiser
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Ogre Class Battlecruiser

Introduced too late to affect the course of the war, they won anyway. Click on the image to find out why.

--Baloo

------------------
"Lassie, her ears pricked up!"
--Atoth the Tamarian [From "Star Trek: Door Repair Guy"]
http://www.geocities.com/cyrano_jones.geo/

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Ogre" was my nickname when I staffed a children's summer camp, long ago. (dubbed because I would carry three kids' camping gear at once)

So I love that ship.

There is a little discrepancy, though, with its
Production date in 2157
transfer to reserve in 2261, and
mothballed in 2163.

I assume that's just a typo.

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No discrepancy, but I suppose I'll have to do a rewrite anyway, since my meaning wasn't clear. I assumed that production started in 2157, and production took about 2 years. Shakedown took another year. After all, Ya don't wanna take an untested ship into combat unless things are going to hell in a handbasket. From what little I've read of the Romulan war, things were never quite than grim for Earth's forces.

That would take us to sometime in 2160, the year the war ended. When the Federation was formed, they put the Ogre class into the ready reserve (ready to respond to an emergency, but not actually doing anything unless there is one). After paying to keep this beast's motor running for 2 years (with no emergency to justify the expense), Starfleet decided to mothball the two examples that had been completed. I supposed that it can become more cost-effective to keep a ship mothballed than to bring it out of mothballs or scrap it. After all, if it costs more to bring the @#$% thing to a scrapper than they'll pay for it, let it sit.

I'll fix it eventually.

--Baloo

------------------

[This message has been edited by Baloo (edited March 18, 2000).]

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

Hmmm...

Frank pointed out to me the exact nature of the discrepancy -- my eyes skidded right over it the first time.

It's fixed, now.

--Baloo

------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps