Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » 1st of 2's Collossus...

Author Topic: 1st of 2's Collossus...
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

The Collossus is a heavy transport/colony ship based (in part) on the Galaxy class starship.

--Baloo

------------------
"Lassie, her ears pricked up!"
--Atoth the Tamarian [From "Star Trek: Door Repair Guy"]
http://www.geocities.com/cyrano_jones.geo/

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's its size? It look HUGE to me

------------------
"When You're Up to Your Ass in Alligators, Today Is the First Day of the Rest of Your Life."
-- Management slogan, Ridcully-style (Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent, Discworld)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prakesh's Star Trek Site

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it's supposed to be huge. If you want scale, that primary hull is supposed to be the diameter of a Galaxy saucer.

The idea is for that ship to hold everything you could possibly imagine, and be big enough to supply or evacuate a fairly large colony world. (Since the E-D could only hold an extra few thousand, and some colonies are bigger than that.)

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't that a little bit too tiny deflector?

------------------
"When You're Up to Your Ass in Alligators, Today Is the First Day of the Rest of Your Life."
-- Management slogan, Ridcully-style (Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent, Discworld)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prakesh's Star Trek Site

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Naah, it's backed up by 4 engines, so it's a really really STRONG deflector.

(Or at least, that's my story.)

Heck, before Baloo got to it, it didn't have a deflector at ALL.

Forgive it, it was my first (or second, I forget) ship. It's just really really ugly, even despite the facelift Baloo gave it.

My later ships got better. Hopefully, you'll all see that. Right, Mr. Hand?
*holds up left hand in a sock-puppet style*
Mr. Hand: *Madmanspeak* "They'll see! They'll ALL see! Bwa-ha-haaaa!"

I need a vacation...

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

Hey, Baloo, I just created that homepage you asked about for putting those ships on. (I think.)

Anyway, I emailed you the required information. (I hope.)

------------------

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it's named Collossus, say, after the Wonder of the Ancienct World that was on Rhodes, then you need to take out an l.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps