Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Klingon Heavy fighter...

Author Topic: Klingon Heavy fighter...
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

D'Ktahg class heavy fighter.

--Baloo

------------------
"Lassie, her ears pricked up!"
--Atoth the Tamarian [From "Star Trek: Door Repair Guy"]
http://www.geocities.com/cyrano_jones.geo/

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm... Was the fact that the top view is slightly reminiscent of late Romulan design unintentional? It isn't mentioned in the description...

------------------
me: "I need a new sig..."
CC: "Well create one."
-why I don't have a real signature

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your remark is too vague to be of any help.

Which late Romulan design? One of mine? Someone else's? The outline (top view) is rather similar to several different aircraft (both real and imagined) and the structure on the back is a common theme in my TOS-era Klingon ships (and spaceframes sold to the Romulans). The original ship started out looking something like the Chapparral class light exploration cruiser. I kept replacing elements and changing shapes until there was nothing left of the original. If it looks like anything else, it's a coincidence

The radiator-thingies on the backbone are intercoolers for the nacelles. I finally got them "right" on the Osprey heavy destroyer, but I've used them as far back as the Smilodon battle cruiser. The box-like structure is the engineering section, and was proportioned to be similar in width to the one on the D-6-derived Cardinal fast frigate. The nacelles themselves are the same as the ones from the D-6, but stretched a bit longer.

--Baloo

------------------
"Lassie, her ears pricked up!"
--Atoth the Tamarian [From "Star Trek: Door Repair Guy"]
http://www.geocities.com/cyrano_jones.geo/

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps