Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Star Trek: Beyond characters in progress! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Star Trek: Beyond characters in progress!
ASDB_J
Member # 312

- posted      Profile for ASDB_J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I've finally gotten around to it - I've started making the characters from my brother's & my series.

I must say, though, that the female Poser 3 figure is much more versatile than the male... The guys don't even have the right kind of clothing! I'd like long sleeves & no abdomen showing, but I did the best I could... ^_^

The Valiant's science officer, Sturek. This character is actually intended to be the same as from Interplay's Starfleet Academy games, nearly a century later. For those of you who aren't in the know, Star Trek: Beyond starts out in an alternate timeline - one similar to, but not the same as, the canon Starfleet.

Here's my Ops officer on the Valiant - I plan on doing the crewmembers from my brother's ship next (it's a 2-ship series...). ^_^

Another Vulcan crewmember - I haven't found a place for her yet, as she just arose out of my musings in Poser a few days ago - I'm sure I'll find a post, though... :-D By the way - what other jobs can burgundy-colored shirts have, besides Conn., first officer, or captain?

For a better explaination of the series, and crew bios, check out our home page!

http://stbeyond.homestead.com

Let me know what you think,

~ Jason :-)

------------------
OK, OK - I know I should've been here sooner... ^_^

I can barely keep up at SFA...!

[This message has been edited by Capt_Spencer (edited March 26, 2000).]

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've seen reds as extras in the hall before... I don't think it was stated what Henley did...

------------------
Star Trek: Leeds
Creator, Producer, Only Writer

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jason: You happen to have the e-mail address of T'Kel? <3

------------------
"Species 5618, human. Warp-capable, origin grid 325, physiology inefficient, below average cranium capacity, minimum redundant systems, limited regenerative abilities."
Ex Astris Scientia

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you do Bolians(Bluefaces)or Tellarites??

------------------
"When You're Up to Your Ass in Alligators, Today Is the First Day of the Rest of Your Life."
-- Management slogan, Ridcully-style (Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent, Discworld)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prakesh's Star Trek Site

D-S
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What prog have you done them in?
Oh I think there good, wish I could do figures.

Bernd: I suggest a cold shower.

IP: Logged
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
female Poser 3 figure

D-S, it was Poser 3

------------------
"When You're Up to Your Ass in Alligators, Today Is the First Day of the Rest of Your Life."
-- Management slogan, Ridcully-style (Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent, Discworld)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prakesh's Star Trek Site

[This message has been edited by Prakesh (edited March 30, 2000).]

D-S
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh. My parents always said that I walked around with my eyes shut.

Is Poser 3D or 2D. It looks 3D

IP: Logged
ASDB_J
Member # 312

- posted      Profile for ASDB_J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, thanks for the compliments, everone!

You know, I posted a similar message w/the same pics at SFA, and haven't gotten any responses yet...! I guess SFA's just gotten too big to keep it all straight, I hope it doesn't get too much like ol' UP...

OK, some more characters:

First off, here's me! Captain James Maxwell Spencer of the starship Valiant, Sheridan Class, NCC-65280.

As I've said before, I'm not completely satisfied with any of the male Poser figures so far - they're not as changeable, and they always look too muscular. Unlike the female figure, the male isn't available with baggy pants, a collar, etc...

Oh, yeah - I just did this one for a larf... ^_^

SO - here's some more of the opposite sex! (Well, for most of us, anyways...) ^_^

First, a little more T'Kel for Bernd... ;-D

...and my half-Andorian relief Conn. officer - Ensign Karolin Perry. No boob jokes, if you don't mind... :-P

Well, that's it for now - later, everyone!

~ Jason :-D

------------------
STAR TREK: BEYOND - http://stbeyond.homestead.com

Get ready for a dual-ship series dealing with multiple timelines.... *grins*

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, okay, you asked for no jokes, so I'll just sit here and fall over laughing... *falls over laughing*

------------------
me: "I need a new sig..."
CC: "Well create one."
-why I don't have a real signature

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a general question about Poser and CGI people. This isn't meant as a knock on your work, which I think is great (I especially like the T'Kel), but one problem that makes CGI human faces look slightly unrealistic is the abscence of facial assymetry. All human faces are assymetrical to a certain degree. Do you try to introduce some assymetry to the faces or is each side of the face a mirror image of the other?

------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

ASDB_J
Member # 312

Thanks, I'll try to incorporate some asymmetry into the bitmaps next time I update them. As for the meshes themselves, there aren't many things which can be changed on independent sides. I have to touch these pictures up in paint shop, anyways, so....

OK - here's one that's been missing for too long, my XO!

It was difficult to get a likeness, since I want it to look as close to the actress (Dennehy?) as possible.

Any suggestions, guys (or girls, for that matter!) ?

I'd like to get them all refined before doing any group shots, like on the bridge or something.... ^_^

------------------

[This message has been edited by Capt_Spencer (edited March 31, 2000).]

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

At least you are consistent with the PBS (Paramount Babe Standard; amount of babes=total emergency capacity/max. warp factor)

------------------
Prakesh's Star Trek Site

[This message has been edited by Prakesh (edited April 01, 2000).]

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I notice that Ensign Cameron and T'Kel are flat. Might want to look into that...this is your first work I;ve seen. Very cool! Keep it up!
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I'm a dedicated supporter of the PBS.

Could it be that Shelby and Perry have the same face (except for the color)?

------------------
"Species 5618, human. Warp-capable, origin grid 325, physiology inefficient, below average cranium capacity, minimum redundant systems, limited regenerative abilities."
Ex Astris Scientia

ASDB_J
Member # 312

Oh, goodness, no, Bernd....

The Shelby face is more square-jawed, plus the nose & other details are altered. The Shelby mesh is actually less versatile than the rest, but it's the only one with such am innovative face shape changer.

A few characters might share similarities, at least for now, but I'll try to differentiate them as much as possible. You'll notice the differences between Sturek & the Captain....

More new pics to be posted soon!

------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps