Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » It's a bird! It's a plane! It's a Micro Machine! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: It's a bird! It's a plane! It's a Micro Machine!
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No doubt you are all familiar with the Micro Machines ships. Well, I have cut mine up, glued them back together in different combinations, and painted them. They're real kitbashes. Aside from Jason Colbert, I'm the only person I know that does this kind of thing... Enjoy these freaks of nature... *L*

Bombadier Class

Draft: 231 m
Beam: 99.75 m
Elevation: 42 m

Lambda Class

Draft: 366.67 m
Beam: 188.89 m
Elevation: 72.22 m

Troubadour Class

Draft: 534.78 m
Beam: 417.39 m
Elevation: 182.61 m

Neptune Class

Draft: 276.74 m
Beam: 148.69 m
Elevation: 90.87 m

Nighthawk Class

Draft: 262.86 m
Beam: 417.15 m
Elevation: 62.86

Zouave Class

Draft: 302.86 m
Beam: 222.86 m
Elevation: 62.86 m

Challenge: Try and name the parts

------------------
Star Trek: Leeds
Creator, Producer, Only Writer

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bombardier:
   Excelsior secondary hull cut off behind pylons
   nacelles and saucer replaced by C-II type

Lambda:
   Excelsior saucer w/ shuttlebay and nacelles connected to back (probably the pieces taken off the Ex. secondary hull used in the Bombardier)

Troubadour:
   Galaxy saucer, neck, and front of secondary hull
   back of secondary hull cut off and flipped over on top of the front

Neptune:
   Miranda saucer and "secondary hull"
   pylons are attached where rollbar would be
   nacelles appear to be placed top-to-top and backward to how they would normally be on the pylons

Nighthawk:
   Constellation saucer
   nacelles could be C-II or Constellation; the picture doesn't show the bck ends
   pylons are washed out, but almost look like those of a Romulan BoP

Zouave:
   looks like a Romulan BoP main hull (supporting my ID of the pylons above)
   half a Constellation nacelle/pylon assembly
   there appears to be a regular C-II type bridge on the top, but none of the other ships is missing one, so this could just be the way it's painted

------------------
me: "I need a new sig..."
CC: "Well create one."
-why I don't have a real signature

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After further consideration, the Lambda's pylons look like they might have been made from the missing rollbar off the Neptune. Also, I'm going to assume that the Nighthawk's nacelles are actually fromt the Constellation, since only two of the four have been identified elsewhere.

------------------

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
COOL!!

I like the Neptune class.

------------------
If you want to know more about paranoids, follow them around...

(-=\V/=-)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the lambda class.

are you going to detail them?

Andrew

------------------
"Who wouldn't be the one you love
Who wouldn't stand inside your love." - Stand Inside Your Love, The Smashing Pumpkins

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very observant, TSN...

Bombadier:
Actually, the stardrive has been cut off just ahead of the curvy part. The pylons were moved ahead.

Lambda:
Everything's right here

Troubadour:
Actually, this is a Galaxy saucer, the neck has been shortened, the stardrive placed in it's normal spot, and the pylons have been flipped and placed on the top rear of the stardrive. Same idea as the Nebula, basically.

Neptune:
This is a stock Miranda primary hull. The nacelles and pylons are taken directly from a C-II, and mounted so that the nacelle tops touch.

Nighthawk:
Actually, that's the entierty of the nacelles. They are indeed Constellation nacelles. The pylons are from a Romulan BOP. Hence the nickname "Federation BOP" *L*

Zouave:
Yeppers! I thought the Romulan BOP primary hull looked like a regular Federation ship, so I put the nacelles and bridge on it. The bridge module is from the underside of the Constellation (the Micro Machine verson looked like the top half was on water - the underside is practically a mirror image)

And that's about all the detailing they're gonna get... I'm not going to try doing anything more..

------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Oh, and the pylons on the Lambda are from a C-I

------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Hm... Well, at the risk of sounding self-complimentary, I'd say I did pretty well, given the quality of the pix and even the quality of the original pieces... :-)

------------------

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only thing I did with mine was take the nacelles and rollbar off the Reliant, cut off the top part of the nacelles, whcih contained the phasers, and glued them back on. Except for the left one. It was cool when I could recreate the scene where it blows away from the ship.
Mythril
Member # 286

- posted      Profile for Mythril     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's alive, alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
I am not responsible for the stupidity of other people.

ASDB_J
Member # 312

- posted      Profile for ASDB_J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(What happened to cookies? I keep having to type my UN & password back in...?)

Good work, Chris - I think one of my fav's is the Connie/Excelsior kitbash. It looks like some prototype sketches I've seen for the Excelsior.

------------------
STAR TREK: BEYOND - http://stbeyond.homestead.com

Get ready for a dual-ship series dealing with multiple timelines.... *grins*

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Troubadour-class, is that a homage to Iain M Banks culture-novels? Isn�t a GSV-class called a troubadour-class?

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the Zouave and the Lambda class very much. The Bombardier is nice too.
Neptune: one nacelle (or two close together)... looks a lot like the old Larson class.
Troubadour: The Nebula looks better.
Nighthawk: good idea, although I prefer the usual Federation design.

------------------
"Species 5618, human. Warp-capable, origin grid 325, physiology inefficient, below average cranium capacity, minimum redundant systems, limited regenerative abilities."
Ex Astris Scientia

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

I've never read Banks's novels...

And, Bernd, the Neptune has two nacelles...

------------------

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...but two nacelles so close together will work virtually as one.

------------------
"Species 5618, human. Warp-capable, origin grid 325, physiology inefficient, below average cranium capacity, minimum redundant systems, limited regenerative abilities."
Ex Astris Scientia

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps