Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » 359 Scans Gallery #2

Author Topic: 359 Scans Gallery #2
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is another set of scans I've done.

Furious Class

The Furious Class Destroyer is based off one of Alex Jaeger's sketches for the Insurrection Freighter (seen in one of the first issues of Star Trek: The Magazine). The idea was simple. A saucer with a weapons pod at the back, located directly above the bridge. The nacelles then came out of the side of the pod. There was also a large shuttlebay at the front. As you notice, this one is EXTREMLY detailed. Unfortunatly, because of all that detail, it became hard to fix the design. The way it turned out (especially nacelles, impulse engines, and the pylons that hold up the pod) isn't exactly working for me, so I ditched it. But it's nice to see all the detail, isn't it?

Golnar Class

The Ferengi Golnar Class Heavy Blockade Runner is designed with the true Ferengi in mind. It's purpose and design are simple. Get past the alien blockade (or, as is in most cases, just get inside their space), steal the goods, and fight your way out. The Golnar does this with ease. Her crew is centralized in the center of the ship, while the engines and cargo are left in the starboard and port sides. Weaponary is also kept over here as well. To help in their mission, the nose of the central section is actually capable of seperating, and becoming a small, limited range fighter craft. If there is no need to fight, the fighter can be used to help bring up cargo at a quicker pace.

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

The 359 Webpage

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! Finally a Ferengi ship. I love it.

------------------
"Species 5618, human. Warp-capable, origin grid 325, physiology inefficient, below average cranium capacity, minimum redundant systems, limited regenerative abilities."
Ex Astris Scientia

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps