Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » 359 Scans Gallery #3

Author Topic: 359 Scans Gallery #3
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yet some more....

Illustrious Class

The Illustrious Class Cruiser (nicknamed by me, "A Bruiser Of A Cruiser") is the latest generation Federation mainstay. A subordinate of the Sovereign, she's designed for nearly every duty possible within the Federation borders. She is already planned to be produced in large numbers. The bottom of the saucer is actually very flat (yes, I know, you can't see it). The only thing that sticks out of the bottom is the deflector dish, which is in a very unusual design. Coming from the back of the saucer to the front, along the centerling, there is a large bulge which extends down about two decks. At the front of this bulge, it curves inward, going appr. 2 decks inward of the saucer's flat bottom. The deflector dish is located here, tilted 30 degrees above horizontal. This helps protect the deflector dish from being hit by enemy fire, but it is still aboe to perform it's job with ease.

Independence Class

The Independence Class Scout is designed to be a well sized yet manuverable vessel. Her design is slightly based off the Akira. The above the saucer engineering hull is designed to help reduce mass while still uses the same equipment needed. The ship isn't very powerful, and only features two forward facing torpedo tubes, as well as 1 aft facing tube. It does feature the new lateral phaser strip along her very front.

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

The 359 Webpage

KXZ
Member # 119

- posted      Profile for KXZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the Illustrious Class. Do you think you'll do any other view of it?

------------------
"Contact in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... more or less."
-Tal Celes "Good Shepard"
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/7647/

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is some really amazing work. I like them.

------------------
Death before Dishonor!
However Dishonor has
quite a disputed defintion.

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried a side view, but it didn't come out very right. Too tall. A front/back view also failed, again, too tall.

This can sort of be explained by the windows. The windows make the ship seem rather large. But it was designed to only be a bit larger then the Intrepid. So, it's very hard to scale the thing.

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

The 359 Webpage

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm far from qualified to talk about your individual designs, but this is a great body of work. Nice job!

------------------
"What did it mean to fly? A tremor in your soul. To resist the dull insistance of gravity."
--
Camper Van Beethoven

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Incredible for pencil! Very nice. Did you use a straightedge at all for some of these?

Just a suggestion for text: Make it larger and darker.

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and Independence is spelled wrong on the hull.
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

No tools whatsoever were used on this. My only aide was the horizontal lines of the paper.

And the text is usually just lightly written in since it's temporary.

------------------

The 359 Webpage

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like these designs very much. Especially the Independence class is very interesting. I would love to see a side view.

------------------
"Species 5618, human. Warp-capable, origin grid 325, physiology inefficient, below average cranium capacity, minimum redundant systems, limited regenerative abilities."
Ex Astris Scientia

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, all these pics are just so bee-ooo-teeful!
Arr, I don't know whether to effusively praise you for creating some of the most interesting ships I've ever seen anywhere... or hate your guts for being such a damn superior designer and artist...

NO TOOLS used in drawing these?? Did I just read that right, NO tools?? ARRRRGH! VOYAGER GO BOOM!!!

Er... Ah, after the high -karma weekend I've just had, I'd better go with effusive praise. It's safer.

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

You heard right, no tools. I just eyeball it (usually drawing, checking, erasing, redrawing, checking, in an endless cycle until I get it right). These are also drawn with #2 lead from mechanical pencils, .5 size, except for a couple of the older scans (like the Independence)

------------------

The 359 Webpage

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah! .5 mechanical pencils rule!

------------------
Star Trek: Leeds
Creator, Producer, Only Writer

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps