Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Two more of my designs updated

Author Topic: Two more of my designs updated
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Considering the many excellent 2D designs posted recently, I feel the need to significantly improve my old drawings. Here are two "before and after" versions:
http://www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/my_ships/andor.htm http://www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/my_ships/ramses.htm

------------------
"Species 5618, human. Warp-capable, origin grid 325, physiology inefficient, below average cranium capacity, minimum redundant systems, limited regenerative abilities."
Ex Astris Scientia

Starbuck
"Replicate some marmalade, Commander - helm control is toast!"
Member # 153

- posted      Profile for Starbuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice!
I really should get round to doing some of mine, but university is eating up my time (even on spring break) and I'm also addicted to The Sims!!!

My main problem is visualising how the ship looks from different angles... and its overall 3D shape. How'd you do it??

------------------
"Replicate some marmalade, Commander - helm control is toast!"

KXZ
Member # 119

- posted      Profile for KXZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Both designs are great! The Ramses looks like a Federation version of the BoP.

------------------
"Contact in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... more or less."
-Tal Celes "Good Shepard"
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/7647/

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweetness!

------------------
Star Trek: Leeds
Creator, Producer, Only Writer

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will describe 2D starship design in a tutorial soon (sounds patronizing, perhaps I should come up with another name).

Basically, my starships were all flat like the preliminary versions, but then Masao sent me the ships for the SF Museum, and they all had gradient fillings suggesting 3D shapes. It's only pseudo-3D, but the result is stunning and it's done very fast, and so I decided to improve my ships likewise. The many windows and other details are a lot more work.

Here is another one: http://www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/my_ships/mercury.htm

------------------
"Species 5618, human. Warp-capable, origin grid 325, physiology inefficient, below average cranium capacity, minimum redundant systems, limited regenerative abilities."
Ex Astris Scientia

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Andor and Mercury-class I like. The Ramses on the other hand looks a little too Klingon like, especially the front-view which looks just like a Bird-of-Prey.

Overall though, good art work.

------------------
"Tigers are mean! Tigers are fierce! Tigers have teeth and claws that pierce!"
Federation Starship Datalink - On that annoying Tripod server, sucks don't it?

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've changed to gradient fillings too, after I read Masao's Kestrel Class thread.

I think I can post my first gradient-filled ship, the Salamis CLass, tomorrow.

------------------
"When You're Up to Your Ass in Alligators, Today Is the First Day of the Rest of Your Life."
-- Management slogan, Ridcully-style (Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent, Discworld)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prakesh's Star Trek Site

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps