Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Sol can write fanfic too!

Author Topic: Sol can write fanfic too!
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Though nowhere near the level of completion that Fabrux has. Still, I'm bored.

This is a tiny excerpt of dialouge from my story. The first speaker is a UFP lawyer, and the second is the Founder from DS9. I'd like to know A.) if you can tell the two apart, and B.) if the dialouge sounds real. Thanks.

----------

"If the process used to create the Vorta can be proven to be sufficiently different
from cloning as defined by law, they�ll lose that protection."

"And do you think this is likely to occur?"

"God knows it probably should."

"Which god?"

"It�s a figure of speech."

"There is no such thing. Solids place meaning in everything they say, as their communication is so limited. They cannot afford to waste any of it on something so trivial."

"I think you have a lot to learn about solids."

"Perhaps you do as well. Again, do you think your courts are likely to make such a decision?"

"It doesn�t seem like a precedent they�d want to create. We�ve come a long way from the days when the situation of our births determined our future. Then again, the Vorta aren�t like us, are they?"

"No."

"At any rate, I don�t see that the issue has much relevance to your case. There are plenty of charges against you, with or without the Vorta."

------------------
"Oh, it's an anti-anti-WTO song. It's essentially a pro-Starbucks song. I saw this picture of a guy sticking his foot through a plate-glass window in a Starbucks in Seattle, and he was wearing a Nike. Man, couldn't you just change your shoes?"
--
M. Doughty

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first speaker is obviously the lawyer, I think. This does sound pretty good, actually.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
John Linnell: "You know, we actually know the next song we're going to play. We're talking about some personal stuff that concerns just me and John. I realize that this probably isn't the time or the place."
John Flansburgh: "We can finish this conversation in the car."

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh, ahh

P.S. - What Frank said.

------------------
"Blind faith is the crutch of fools"

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps