Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Cheyenne Class Schematic Tracing (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Cheyenne Class Schematic Tracing
Fructose
Member # 309

- posted      Profile for Fructose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shadow, I agree. But this thread wasn't about that and Fabrux asked us not to comment on the name/number. He clearly admitted that it was wrong in the begining. It shouldn't have been brought up. This thread is about his picture, let's get back to that.

*clears throat*

Nice work. And yeah, the engines are from the 1/1400 Ent-D. It's how I am building my model for those of you who know about it.

------------------
It doesn't matter if you don't know what you're doing as long as you look good doing it.

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great, Fabrux. I tried the automatic tracing tools of all available programs, but the result was poor. So you actually edited it pixel by pixel?

------------------
"Species 5618, human. Warp-capable, origin grid 325, physiology inefficient, below average cranium capacity, minimum redundant systems, limited regenerative abilities."
Ex Astris Scientia

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sure did. Beziers are way beyond my understanding, so I had to.

------------------
"Huh. An intelligent guard. I never would have guessed."
-Stith, Titan A.E.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bow to You, oh Master of Pixels!

------------------
FuckU-FuckMe: Changing the feel of communication:
"What kinds of security controls does FuckU-FuckMe offer?

All FuckU-FuckMe users can control whom they connect to on an individual basis. There's no need to go to a public reflector. "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prakesh's Star Trek Site

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fabrux: I guess that even understanding B�zier wouldn't help much. Have you ever tried Designer (the winner of my software test)?

BTW: Your rendition looks almost exactly like the file I get when I export my Deisgner drawing w/o smoothing - which sometimes works, unlike most other filters of Designer.

------------------
"Species 5618, human. Warp-capable, origin grid 325, physiology inefficient, below average cranium capacity, minimum redundant systems, limited regenerative abilities."
Ex Astris Scientia

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where can I get Designer? Might be worth a try.

------------------
-Stith, Titan A.E.

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long did this take you? An hour? To make anything remotely looking like that it would take me a couple days using a P.O.S. MGI studio. It's the only thing I have!

------------------
It is better to walk the path of the devil than to be in the path of the devil. Though it still might not be the right path.

[This message has been edited by Matrix (edited July 12, 2000).]

Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the original probably took a few days. I'd guess about 30-60 minutes for this tracing.

Maybe.

------------------
What I'm looking for / Cannot be sold to me / I wish they all would stop trying / 'Cause what I want and what I need / Is and will always be free

- Incubus

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

Fabrux: You might try an older version of Designer (well, except for version 6 which has too many bugs), somewhere as a special offer in a computer shop or department store. But be warned: Drawing is fine, but the export filters are crap!

------------------
Ex Astris Scientia

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

This tracing took about maybe 20 minutes or so. I don't remember.

Bernd: I might look into that.

------------------
-Preed, Titan A.E.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps