Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » First time with b�ziers... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: First time with b�ziers...
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, actually this is my second or third go at it, but you get the drift Anyways, I always put up a big fight saying that I can't learn b�ziers, they're too hard, etc. However, last night I opened up PSP and within half an hour I knew how to use them. So, I traced the top view of my newest ship, the Vihvelin Class Scout. It's near-future ship, I guess. Not quite 2377, but not so far ahead as Adam's designs in the 2400's. Enjoy!

------------------
"Huh. An intelligent guard. I never would have guessed."
-Preed, Titan A.E.

[This message has been edited by Fabrux (edited July 22, 2000).]

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*sigh* I don't know why I bother anymore. I get comments when I show my stuff to people I talk to on AIM and ICQ, but when I post something here...

Maybe I should just forget about posting my work altogether. No one seems to appreciate it anymore.

------------------
-Preed, Titan A.E.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a comment. You use Paint Shop Pro? what version? How in the WORLD do you get it to curve text without the lines?

------------------
"Do you know how much YOU'RE worth??.....2.5 million Woolongs. THAT'S your bounty. I SAID you were small fry..." --Spike Spiegel

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

I'm using the PSP7 beta. And there is no curved text on those schematics at all...

However, according to Tim, if you make the curve the same colour as the background, it still works.

------------------
-Preed, Titan A.E.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Post the version with the different belly.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Frank is absolutely right." - Laz Rojas

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Okay

My friend Jason complained that the underside was too flat. So, he worked his bastardizing magic and produced this:

------------------
-Preed, Titan A.E.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shik: I take it from your question that you already know how to get the text to curve w/ the line? Then, like Fabrux said, you just make the line white, or whatever color the background happens to be.

------------------
"I just measured him. He's about 21"."
-Chris Martin, 14-Jul-2000

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the second version better. Anyway, congratulations that you managed to tame the B�ziers!

------------------
"Species 5618, human. Warp-capable, origin grid 325, physiology inefficient, below average cranium capacity, minimum redundant systems, limited regenerative abilities."
Ex Astris Scientia

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

When I figured them out, it was an epiphany...

------------------
-Preed, Titan A.E.

ASDB_J
Member # 312

- posted      Profile for ASDB_J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh, now post the nacelle-removed view...! :-D

~ Jason :-)

------------------
STAR TREK: BEYOND - http://stbeyond.homestead.com

Get ready for a dual-ship series dealing with multiple timelines.... *grins*

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

I still say it should be one big curve...

------------------
-Preed, Titan A.E.

Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow , I love the design Fabrux , Very true to the Soveriegn/Prometheus feel. I also like Jason's Little addition to the bottom , have you cooked up any specs for this ship?

Again , Well Done

------------------
The Kiwi Wars are over... The forces of the Kiwi Order have prevailed and the galaxy is now safe for Kiwi Kind!
Jupiter Station , Starfleet Research & Development

[This message has been edited by Dhunter (edited July 25, 2000).]

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Well, not really. Frank and I worked out the dimensions, though. I can make some up.

------------------
-Preed, Titan A.E.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd have said something, but I've been gone for four days.

What, nobody noticed?

So anyway, I will now say something.

"Something."

As in: "That ship is really something."

I dunno, I kind of like the idea of a flat-bottomed ship... but if it were so, it should be so for a reason, in the same way that (but not necessarily for the same REASON) that) a remora fish has a flat bottom for a reason.

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps jason's addition to the bottom could be some kind of Mission Pod , maybe there could be differant types of pods , Sensor Pods , Weapons Pods and so on.

------------------
The Kiwi Wars are over... The forces of the Kiwi Order have prevailed and the galaxy is now safe for Kiwi Kind!
Jupiter Station , Starfleet Research & Development

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps