Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » USS Midway - Bridge Set

Author Topic: USS Midway - Bridge Set
seanr
Member # 277

- posted      Profile for seanr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is sort of a cross between the bridges from Star Trek V and VI and the Ent-B bridge from Generations. It is more or less an attempt to put the Star Trek V bridge into the correct time period. The ship this goes to will be placed after the Ent B but before the Ambassador in the timeline.

------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]

WEBolutionary Consulting Services
Mania-Online

"Great is the glory for the strife is hard"
- Wordsworth

"Why must I be surrounded by frickin' idiots?"
- Dr Evil

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful, man!! I hope it extends a bit more BEHIND the camera. I guess you'll post alternate views later.

I see a lot of *excuse me*'s occurring around those railings, even some crushed kidneys whenever a torpedo finds its mark... Maybe shorten them ein bischen?

------------------
Ready for the action now, Dangerboy
Ready if I'm ready for you, Dangerboy
Ready if I want it now, Dangerboy?
How dare you, dare you, Dangerboy?
How dare you, Dangerboy?
I dare you, dare you, Dangerboy...

�on Flux, "Thanatophobia"

seanr
Member # 277

- posted      Profile for seanr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They should be the exact same height as the ones in the movie, but they do look a little tall to me. I must have messed the proprtions up somewhere else, but I sure as hell can't find where.

There will be other views, just as soon as I get references for the ST V viewscreen. If you have forward facing screencaps, please share them with me and help the cause.

------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]

Mania-Online

- Wordsworth

- Dr Evil

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sure looks comfortable and cosy! It fits very well with the exterior looks of the ship.

------------------
"Human race in tha house!" KoRn & Kittie, This Town
---
Titan Fleet Yards - Harry Doddema's Star Trek Site

seanr
Member # 277

Thanks. Again, most of the credit for this design goes to Herman Zimmerman's ST V set, I've only rearranged and updated it a tad.

------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]

Mania-Online

- Wordsworth

- Dr Evil

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lovely!

Can I just agree, the railings are a bit tall or they need to have a wider gap... also shouldn't they bend a little 'inward' more...

Also, I don't know how to explain this correctly, but like last time, is there anything you can do about the 'white' lights... they are just so stark compared to the surroundings, as if they are throwing off no light at all... if they were THAT bright, they should be casting heaps of light... is there anyway to KEEP THE WHITE but put a surface ??texture?? on them to give the impression that they are indeed lights, not just white spaces... (try something like the transporter pad surface)

Andrew

------------------
"I threw bitter tears at the ocean
But all that came back was the tide..." 'I Will Not Forget You' Sarah McLachlan

seanr
Member # 277

The railings are leaning inward quite a bit, but the perspective distortion in that image makes them look like they aren't. Again, regarding the light panels, I refer you to any of dozens of scenes in both Star Trek V and VI which show those as solid white.

------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]

Mania-Online

- Wordsworth

- Dr Evil

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd add some chairs.

It's not the Jem'Hadar you're working with.

------------------
Remember December '59
The howling wind and the driving rain,
Remember the gallant men who drowned
On the lifeboat, Mona was her name.

seanr
Member # 277

LMFAO! The chairs all went on strike; too much pressure on the job, they say; Shatner needs to lose weight, they say. Ay ay ay!

------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]

Mania-Online

- Wordsworth

- Dr Evil

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sean, OK, they're solid white, but I'm talking about the CGI, they're lights - not just white panels... they are WAY too STARK for the surroundings... its as if they are just gaps in the picture, not actually a light... they don't cast shadows etc. Maybe you could keep the white, but tone them down a little...

Andrew

------------------
"I threw bitter tears at the ocean
But all that came back was the tide..." 'I Will Not Forget You' Sarah McLachlan

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a cool rendering... although the rails should be not as tall and long, as many have stated. What kind of computer interfaces are you going to add if any? TNG or the Movie Era kind? Both would work anyway.

------------------
So why don't we make a little room in my BMW babe
Searching for some peace of mind
Hey I'll help you find it
I do believe that we are practicing the same religion
- from the song "Fastlove"

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish they could've invented a new interface before that "series V". I don't like the TNG-style, those beige and pink areas look like children's toys...

And if "series V" is set in the past we'll never see 2375- anymore.

------------------
Ready for the action now, Dangerboy
Ready if I'm ready for you, Dangerboy
Ready if I want it now, Dangerboy?
How dare you, dare you, Dangerboy?
How dare you, Dangerboy?
I dare you, dare you, Dangerboy...

�on Flux, "Thanatophobia"

seanr
Member # 277

I will be using TNG style displays adjusted in Photoshop so that they have the color scheme of the displays in the late movie era. Take a look at the transporter room I posted here earlier to see an example of a display so altered.

The TNG LCARS work nicely, their colors just suck.

------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]

Mania-Online

- Wordsworth

- Dr Evil

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps