Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Do you like bridge sets? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Do you like bridge sets?
seanr
Member # 277

- posted      Profile for seanr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check these out:

(all are WIPs, most complete ones at top)

http://www.mania-online.com/truespace/gallery/seanr/temp/bridge_excelsior-3.jpg

http://www.mania-online.com/truespace/gallery/seanr/temp/bridge_churchill-4.jpg

http://www.mania-online.com/truespace/gallery/seanr/temp/bridge_tos-7.jpg

http://www.mania-online.com/truespace/gallery/seanr/temp/bridge_twok-2.jpg

------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]

WEBolutionary Consulting Services
Mania-Online

"Great is the glory for the strife is hard"
- Wordsworth

"Why must I be surrounded by frickin' idiots?"
- Dr Evil

[This message has been edited by seanr (edited November 06, 2000).]

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As i said at Scifi-Art, you are the king of interiors. Such an excellent job. Great lighting, great modeling, great everything...

------------------
"Don't hide your tears. They were sent to wash away those years."--Creed

The web page is not completed yet, but come by and check it out. :)
Quantum Threshold

REDESIGNED!!!!!! Avalon Sector

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and I was wondering, do you have any idea the forums will be back up or has Cyrille's arrogence finally heralded the end of SFA forever?

------------------
"Don't hide your tears. They were sent to wash away those years."--Creed

The web page is not completed yet, but come by and check it out. :)
Quantum Threshold

REDESIGNED!!!!!! Avalon Sector

seanr
Member # 277

- posted      Profile for seanr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no idea. The forums may never be back up as scifi-art.com, but Warrior and a few others are working to get something else set up. Here's an update:

http://www.mania-online.com/truespace/gallery/seanr/temp/bridge_excelsior-4.jpg

------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]

Mania-Online

- Wordsworth

- Dr Evil

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scrumptious!

Lovely!

Of course, again I'm going to mention the 'white lights' they really are getting to me, they spoil the image... is there either

1. a way to tone them down - cause at the moment they don't look like lights they just look like 'gaps in the picture'

2. put some sort of 'texture' on the lights - yes, I know the lights are WHITE but they don't have to be just empty... they can be muted down a little... I don't know how... but someway like the 'plastic' on the transporter pads that you had.

Look at the above picture, there are these really BRIGHT lights - but the surrounds are in darkness... it doesn't look life-like.

other than that... lovely.

------------------
"I threw bitter tears at the ocean
But all that came back was the tide..." 'I Will Not Forget You' Sarah McLachlan

[This message has been edited by AndrewR (edited November 04, 2000).]

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah... How I love the E-B bridge

------------------
"Well, we came, we fought, we got spanked."
-Sheamus Harper, Andromeda

bear
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Man

If you ever want to do some walk throughs with flash interfaces I'd love to help. I absolutely love the pics......

------------------
Access Password
47at
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/9268/index.html

[This message has been edited by bear (edited November 04, 2000).]

seanr
Member # 277

Andrew, look very closely, I did use a noise shader on those lights. Same with these two, but I've made the second color a lighter shade of tan than the first color instead of white.

------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]

Mania-Online

- Wordsworth

- Dr Evil

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The E-B bridge set didn't have carpeting, other than the orange stuff. But I like the blue carpeting you've added. Looks cozy

------------------
"Well, we came, we fought, we got spanked."
-Sheamus Harper, Andromeda

seanr
Member # 277

Well, this is definately not an exact duplicate of the Ent-B bridge as this pic will demonstrate:

This bridge is a refit of the Excelsior bridge. The main differences between this and the Ent B bridge are the two extra stations in the back, the red doors, the tea thingamajigger (what would that be called, anyway???), and the chairs, all of which were held over from the Excelsior bridge in ST VI. The blue carpeting is completely original, sort of a continuation of the small patches of carpeting from ST VII, minus that godawfull orage color (who DID that???) crossed with the carpeting style used in ST V (tan with brown edges, or in this case blue with treadplate edges).

------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]

Mania-Online

- Wordsworth

- Dr Evil

[This message has been edited by seanr (edited November 05, 2000).]

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you have that alcove at the back, what are the two doors for? Where do they go?

------------------
Me: "Why don't you live in Hong Kong?"
Rachel Roberts: "Hong Kong? Nah. Oh, but we can live in China! Yeah, China has great Chinese food!"

(discussion with fellow classmate, 9/5/00)

Mustang Class Starship Development Project

seanr
Member # 277

To be quite honest, I have no idea. They are just there because they were there in all the excelsior class bridges and because they look really cool. They may go to two more turbolifts, or just to the docking port in the back of the bridge module.

------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]

Mania-Online

- Wordsworth

- Dr Evil

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IIRC, the Excelsiors don't have a docking port aft of the bridge. The standard bridge module is very similar to the one on Constitutions, Constellations and Mirandas, but not identical.

Instead of a docking port, there is an observation lounge of some sort aft of the dome, half a deck below bridge level. Perhaps a Captain's Ready Room? These doors could very nicely lead into this room, or to a corridor or lobby that gives access to various facilities, like a head, an emergency suit locker, and an emergency closet with an extra Ensign and a broom and a spade for cleaning after a console explosion.

Timo Saloniemi

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seanr, not to sound like a broken record, but I was wondering if you could post links to your pics rather than the pics themselves? It takes quite a while for the entire page to show up on my computer.

Seriously, awesome "paint" job.

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

seanr
Member # 277

Tahna, you got a 14.4 or something? Upgrade already! I keep my file sizes small anough that they don't take long at all on a 56K modem. At the same time, I don't want to inconvenience people by requiring them to click yet another link (or worse, a whole list of links) once they get into the thread. Besides, most people know to expect nice, big, detailed images when they see one of my posts.
Nevetheless, I did go ahead and convert that irst post to links for you. :p

------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]

Mania-Online

- Wordsworth

- Dr Evil

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps