Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Seanr's bridge... brighter!

Author Topic: Seanr's bridge... brighter!
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, yeah it's probably my monitor, but last time people mentioned brightness problems, so I just increased the gamma on Seanr's bridge... OMG! It looks 1000 times better - cause I can see everything!

outstanding.

Great for a window's background.

Andrew

------------------
"I threw bitter tears at the ocean
But all that came back was the tide..." 'I Will Not Forget You' Sarah McLachlan

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find it much easier to see now, as well. VERRA nice!

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

kirkisfat
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

They really are fantastic and you're right, I think most of them could do with a bit of lightening.

Its a really nice colour scheme for that design, much nicer than later grey bridges (better than the colour it should be!).

I was/am going to build a movie era bridge with back-lit displays n stuff - think I might use those colours.

IP: Logged
seanr
Member # 277

- posted      Profile for seanr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only problem with it is that it ruins the effect I wanted. On my monitor, at least, it looks washed out and over-lit, as though a sudden power surge caused all the lights to brighten.

------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]

http://www.webolutionary.com
http://www.mania-online.com
3D Gladiator Premier Forums Member

"Great is the glory for the strife is hard"
- Wordsworth

"Why must I be surrounded by frickin' idiots?"
- Dr Evil

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can I ask a question?

Is that the viewer to the left of the screen? If so, why are the Conn/Ops not facing it? I'm imagining its something else (maybe an access to a turbolift?) but its sorta unclear ...

BEAUTIFUL BRIDGE! Dude, wanna design the TOKYO bridge? -)

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Continuing to boldly go ...

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
seanr! Its the same thing... its brightened, just for us with crappy monitors...

Andrew

------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

OK question... which would be (apart from the Captain's chair) you're most favourite place to sit or stand on the bridge here... I like the little alcove over the other side...

Andrew

------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Another question... sean, where does that door? lead to over in that alcove on the far side of the bridge??

Andrew

------------------

seanr
Member # 277

- posted      Profile for seanr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The viewscreen is off the left side of the pic. If you dig up my original thread, you'll see it. That thread also shows what the alcove you are seeing is. There is actually a station in each of the two alcoves (one on each side of the bridge). The one in this pic contains the science station, whle the othr side contains tactical. The doors in those alcoves go wherever the Starfleet Signage Deparment says they do. Haven't really decided on that, but one might be to a ready rom and the other to the head or somesuch.

------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]

- Wordsworth

- Dr Evil

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

OOOhhh, I'd love to see some sort of movie where you walk through the bridge and into the ready room and/or turbolift and have one continuous movie... Of course we don't get to see that in the show because the sets are all over the place and not connected.

Andrew

------------------

Starbuck
"Replicate some marmalade, Commander - helm control is toast!"
Member # 153

- posted      Profile for Starbuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, on the E-D, the bridge and ready room set were connected, and if I remember rightly, the E-E has the observation lounge, bridge and ready room as one set.

------------------

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Imagines ST:X excuse-scene to show multiple sets*

Riker: Do you want some tea, captain?

Picky: Hwhy...yes, I'd love some...but the question is...hwere?

Riker: How's about...we use...replicator in lounge instead???

Picky: *extends arm in slow, swooping motion* Right this way please, if you will, Will? Hahaha...

*Looong dollyride swinging left and right, showing happy campers allover*

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

[This message has been edited by Nimrod (edited November 27, 2000).]

Starbuck
Member # 153

- posted      Profile for Starbuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL
Actually what I posted is what I remember from the TNG Sketchbook, stuff I saw on screen, a couple of other pix (including a stage layout drawing), and something John Eaves said.

------------------

seanr
Member # 277

Starbuck, do you have a drawing of the TNG stage layout? I'd give just about anything to see a floorplan showing how the corridor sections were arranged for both TNG and Voyager (I get the feeling they were the same or at least very similar).

------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]

- Wordsworth

- Dr Evil

Starbuck
Member # 153

'Fraid not - at least, not right now. I have some stuff at home (which is 200 miles from university) but I'll see what I can do over Christmas.
I DO have some of the early DS9 stage layouts and the TOS ones... plus the layout of the Ent-E bridge.

So expect some info in January

------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps