Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Star Trek: Legacy

Author Topic: Star Trek: Legacy
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a draft of my fanfic timeline (or outline, depending on how you look at it) containing both historical events pertinent to the main story, and the synopsis of the first episode, "Allies & Adversaries." Please take a look and comment. Although I have many ideas of my own, I could always use some feedback and constructive criticism to help move it along. Later I'll hopefully be releasing "A&A" in chapter form maybe once every few months.

Thanks to Ritten for letting me upload this to his site.
http://www.majinc-web.com/legacy/legacy_02.html

------------------
"Although I do not know how World War III will be fought, I do know how World War IV will be fought - with rocks and clubs." -Albert Einstein

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty nifty stuff, Mark. It has potential. Although the site was a little hard to read You might consider darkening the blue or the grey.

Seems like everyone's going to Ritten to host their stories... Whenever I get my ideas for my story rolling I'll go elsewhere, just to be different...

------------------
"What happens on the edges of infinity, the never-never land of mathematics?"
-Miss Hodgin

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got the room, and I've got the spare time, since I quite the 2ND job and my ex-wife moved my son all the way to AZ.
And no that winters here I can't do much outside but shovel snow......

------------------

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The background is a darker blue now...a little easier on the eyes?

------------------
"Although I do not know how World War III will be fought, I do know how World War IV will be fought - with rocks and clubs." -Albert Einstein

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Much better. Do you have any of the story written yet?

------------------
"What happens on the edges of infinity, the never-never land of mathematics?"
-Miss Hodgin

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

I have the first few chapters written in a notebook, and the Prologue & Chapter One on my hard drive. Usually the ideas come into my head late at night when I should be sleeping, so I jot down the occasional idea and try to build on it later. As I said before, the timeline was more of an outline for how I was going to set things up. There are actually several items I had in the timeline that I purposely omitted, so as to keep some surprises for later.

Basically, I want to focus on the alienness of my main characters as well as the story. Instead of having aliens-of-the-week that nobody cares about and who look and act suspiciously like humans in alien makeup, I want to take the Babylon 5 approach and focus on just a few individuals from very different backgrounds, and how they interact with one another as well as with their respective races. DS9 made a good attempt at this, and I want to go deeper with the Klingon, Romulan, Breen, Alpha Jem'Hadar, and T-Rogoran cultures.

------------------

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got time to read it now, and I must say that it's very very good. Although I find that S31 is becoming too easy a subject to base fan-fiction on, the way you've dealt with them is a decent new twist to things.

Looking foward to reading more about the Three Amigos, err, Four Guardians.

------------------
Go Mad.
Go Evil.
Just GO.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

Thanks for the praise, it's appreciated. I'll be posting a link to the Prologue and Chapter One of "Allies & Adversaries" this weekend, if all goes well.

------------------
Star Trek: Legacy -
Timeline of Pertinent Events

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps