Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Starship Equipment Listing

Author Topic: Starship Equipment Listing
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a compliation of all the designations given to various starship equipment from fandom from TOS to TNG. Some of you may recognize this list. It was originally compiled by the guys over at ASDB.net, but their version was rather messy. Apparently, they haven't heard of tables. Anyways, here's a newer version of the list, a v2.0 if you will.

Starship Equipment Listing

I had originally just planned on converting it to XLS, which I did, but so few people actually had MS Excel or Lotus 1-2-3 that I ended up making this. Enjoy!

------------------
Chickety china, the chinese chicken, you have?

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shouldn't the Next Generation ships carry Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems engines? I know for a fact the Enterprise-D carried YPS-8600 engines (I think that's the right number), it's in the Tech Manual

------------------
Me: "Why don't you live in Hong Kong?"
Rachel Roberts: "Hong Kong? Nah. Oh, but we can live in China! Yeah, China has great Chinese food!"

(discussion with fellow classmate, 9/5/00)

Mustang Class Starship Development Project

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, all I did was convert the list. I didn't write it. And I don't have any of the TMs, so I wouldn't know.

------------------
Chickety china, the chinese chicken, you have?

Daniel
Member # 453

- posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is the Next Generation stuff *canon*? If it is, permit me to jump up and down really fast. The only reason I doubt, is because I know some of the information used came from Todd Guenther's two volumes of Ships of the Star Fleet, and Shane Johnson's Mr. Scott's giude to the Enterprise. Both good resources, but almost strictly non-canon. Did any of that info come off of the dedication plaques? Like the Excelsior bit? It's a very good list.
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Slapping "LF" engines on all TNG ships from Ambassador on seems like bad form, given how there are radical differences between the engine styles... I'd be interested to hear the sources, too.

Predictably, the TNG phasers go from type IX up, but type XV *still* seems a bit wacky.

One would expect computer systems to change quite a bit between TOS and TNG. There's good evidence that TNG comps feature massive shared cores, so differentiating to fire-control, navigation and other categories and giving a different type or even manufacturer to each doesn't seem plausible in this timeframe any more.

Timo Saloniemi

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

I would assume that most of the info comes from non-canon sources, yes. I think maybe some of this stuff actually came from the minds of the guys over at ASDB.net, too...

------------------
"Lately I've noticed that everyone seems to trust me. It's really quite unnerving. I'm still trying to get used to it."
- Garak, "Empok Nor"

Psi'a Meese
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I immediately had flashbacks when I read the listings. Alot of the company names and some of the equipment designations are right out of the Starship Constuction Manual by FASA. Made to accompany the ST: Roleplaying Game, at its height during the mid-80's.
IP: Logged

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps