Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Nova Scotia Class Medical Transport (2206)

Author Topic: Nova Scotia Class Medical Transport (2206)
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://fleetyard.virtualave.net/myships/novascotia.html

Here's a new ship I finished today. Apart from the background story, it's finished.
Tell me what you think.

------------------
To know a thing well, know its limits. Only when pushed beyond its tolerances will true nature be seen.
The Amtal Rule (Dune)
---
Titan Fleet Yards - Harry Doddema's Star Trek Site

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice, I especially like the detail of LCARS in the bridge...

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking" Nugget
Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant
Star Trek: Legacy
Read them, rate them, got money, film them

"...and I remain on the far side of crazy, I remain the mortal enemy of man, no hundred dollar cure will save me..." WoV

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweet. It's about time we saw some new ship designs from somebody.

If there was only an easy way to turn BMP's into JPEG's I could post my redone Invictus Class.

------------------
"My knowledge and experience far exceeds your own, by, oh, about a BILLION times!" -- Q

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can convert BMPs to JPEG in Paint, ACDSee, and almost every other bitmap oriented prog.

------------------
To know a thing well, know its limits. Only when pushed beyond its tolerances will true nature be seen.
The Amtal Rule (Dune)
---

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, well paint has a shitty convertor.

Providing the files aren't too big, email them to me at [email protected] and I'll convert them for you.

------------------
"Lately I've noticed that everyone seems to trust me. It's really quite unnerving. I'm still trying to get used to it."
- Garak, "Empok Nor"

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool bridge! What's that black thing just above and tot he left of the CO chair?

Medical Ops up front? Not a bad idea - the person there can coordinate off-ship medical stuff with the main viewscr-- Uh, there is a viewscreen, yes?

I'd only recommend you put some sort of railing between the upper stations and the pit, and perhaps put the CO chair on a step or two - it'd give him or her a better view of everyone, and the viewer.

Mark

------------------
"Why build one, when you can build two at twice the price?"

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

That black 'thing' is a little man

Yes, of course there is a viewscreen.

And I haven't actually thought of a railing, but it sounds logical enough.

BTW, what do you think of Computer Operations as a department on old ships?

------------------
The Amtal Rule (Dune)
---

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There *was* a station for that on the E-nil bridge, IIRC from teh Joseph tech manual. Given the state of computers back in the 60s, that made sense to have a station specifically to oversee the computer stuff. However, in today's era of microcomputers, it's no surprise there are no such things on the TNG-era ships. So in TOS, what would a computer station be for? Tech support?

Mark

------------------
"Why build one, when you can have two at twice the price?"

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tech support, the is Medical, I keep getting the same fatal error...

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking" Nugget
Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant
Star Trek: Legacy
Read them, rate them, got money, film them

"...and I remain on the far side of crazy, I remain the mortal enemy of man, no hundred dollar cure will save me..." WoV

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Arrrrgh! That was AWFUL..

[Smacks Ritten upside the head with a hyperspanner]

Mark

------------------
"Why build one, when you can have two at twice the price?"

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Computer Control here, go ahead."

"Uh, yeah. CC? This is Crewman Paige down here in environmental control, and I'm having a problem with my console."

"Ok. Can you describe the problem?"

"Well, I was just compiling today's oxygen use statistics, and all of a sudden I was looking at a control setup for engineering."

"Engineering?"

"Yeah, I think. It said 'warp core temperature' and 'field dynamics' and stuff."

"Ok...well, why don't we just go ahead and reset the interface. There should be a button in the lower right corner labeled Interface Reset. Press it, and it will bring the system back to its default settings."

"Oh...um...it's not there."

"Not there? Are you sure? It's hardwired into the console. It shouldn't change, no matter what sort of setup you're running."

"Well, the whole thing's dark, actually."

"What?"

"The console is kind of off, I think."

"What happened?"

"Well, I thought I could fix it by jiggling those isolinear chips."

*dead silence*

"Computer Control?"

"Sorry. Uh, which chips did you touch?"

"Well, uh, when that didn't work I sort of, uh, took them out."

"Which...which ones, crewman?"

"Um...all of them?"

------------------
I will shout until they know what I mean.
--
Neutral Milk Hotel
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Then, go insane!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps