Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Some Starship designs

Author Topic: Some Starship designs
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't remember if I've ever posted these here before, but I found them in a drawer yesterday and they still looked un-hideous, so I scanned them, cleaned them up and viola! Bow low and behold, the Agrabah Class and the Elhanen Class!!!!
http://flareupload.hypermart.net/files/AgrabahClass.gif http://flareupload.hypermart.net/files/ElhanenClass.gif

One is an orthographic view, the other is a 3/4 view. The orthographics aren't perfect, but as I was working from a pencil sketch on a piece of scrap paper, I think I did ok.

What do you think? I'll try and clean up the others later this week.

------------------
"You don't tug on Superman's cape.
You don't spit into the wind.
You don't pull the mask off the ole' Lone Ranger
And you don't mess around with Jim."
Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think they are among the cleanest schematics I've ever seen! Not one dot or scratch at the wrong place. You could eat off them schematics!

The Agrabah is very minimalistic. Looks like a flying chipmunk! Sort of a union between Oberth and Defiant!

The Elhanen is interesting, almost excelsiory. What's in the weapons hub, at the nacelle-joints? Just phasers, or an aft torpie as well? Oh I'd like that...

All in all, very tidy! They would look perfect with some blood red n' yellow for the starfleet insignia + stripes and glowing blue for the deflector.

The excelsior deflector is IMO the nicest in the fleet, it's good the Sovereign class adapted that, the brown parts in the galaxy and intrepid deflectors looks like play-dough...

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His turnip not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow!

The Ehlen(?)-Class looks like an Excelsior with new nacelles and no neck or saucer.

I like the other ship a lot, too. The future shape of Starfleet ships to come -- no secondary and primary hull or neck or nacelles? Very nice!

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.27 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with four eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
"The candidate who slimed John McCain in the primaries and smeared Al Gore in the general election is now the president who pledges to elevate the nation's tone and bring civility to our discorse. Kind of like Michael Corleone brought peace to the mob by killing the heads of the other four families."
--Paul Begala, Is Our Children Learning?

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude! Rock!

I like the Elhanen a lot - looks like it was built from lots of pre-existing parts and modules to save on cost. Very chic. Has it undegone a refit? Those look like Sovereign-style nacelles...

Mark

------------------
"Why build one, when you can have two at twice the price?"

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first one reminds me of those smaller Son'a ships.

------------------
I will shout until they know what I mean.
--
Neutral Milk Hotel
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Then, go insane!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the high praise gents. The Agrabah is slightly Son'a-ish, isn't it? These are somewhat old, so I can't remember if I drew it up before or after Insurrection came out... I think it was before, though.

The Elhanen was originally design so that I could use left over model parts to make a new ship, so the main body is actually an Excelsior secondary hull with some stuff added to the butt like a shuttle bay, flight operations lounge and aft torp launcher.

The weapons tower contains a dorsal phaser strip and an aft torp launcher.

I did the schematics by scanning the drawings and tracing them in Photoshop. I just did half, then flipped it.

------------------
"You don't tug on Superman's cape.
You don't spit into the wind.
You don't pull the mask off the ole' Lone Ranger
And you don't mess around with Jim."
Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The round curves of the Elhanen makes it look soft and squishy. It would be a good Pok�mon-ship!

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His turnip not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps