Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Bridge Concept (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Bridge Concept
Daniel
Member # 453

- posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those ARE a lot of consoles. Um, I hope there are section isolation doors in case there's a coolant leak or some other reactor-related disaster. There's one place that looks a bit cramped, the windowed area opposite the CEO office. Otherwise it's very cool, if a bit . . . BIG.
Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, still working on an imporved bridge, but here's an updated Engineering with more labels and improvements.

Engineering Concept-Revision 1

Thoughts?

------------------
Ace

"Objects in mirror are closer than they appear."

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, quite an improvement IMO. Circularlize the turbolifts, shrink down the table on the bottom, I think you'll be in business.

Mark

------------------
"Why build one, when you can have two at twice the price?"

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Mark!

I've updated the link with yet another revision based on your input. Got rid of the two "wierd" free standing consoles with a new slick one. Broke down the table into two parts (BTW, I can't remember what the term is for the "pool table" in the center like on the E-D. Anybody know? Master- something, I think...).

Also, the labeling was wrong on the lift. It's not a turbolift, but a lift like on the E-D and Voyager. It's open with no door.

Anyway click on the link again will get you the new Revision (but I'll still call it Rev. 1).

------------------
Ace

"Objects in mirror are closer than they appear."

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonderful engineering and bridge design, Ace. That is some really wonderful work. I like the angular shape of the consoles, but I do have to wonder if sickbay sees a lot of engineers coming in with head trauma. A sharp corner like some of those consoles to the head will hurt. But it is very nice.

I'm a big fan of large engineering sets. I always felt that, for a ship so complex and large, the Enterprise-D had a dinky little engineering set.

And the pool table is "Master Systems Display" according to the Tech Manual.

------------------
Nic: She's not a practicing lesbian. We need PRACTICING lesbians!
Me: I have a camcorder.
Nic: But no lesbians.
Me: Ahhh... no.
Nic: DAMN IT MAN! WE NEED LESBIANS! LOTS AND LOTS OF LESBIANS!

ICQ Conversation From January 23, 2001.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps