Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » S.S. Bleak Horizon

Author Topic: S.S. Bleak Horizon
Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is my second attempt at 3d modeling in Rhino3D. My first was an internal model of the Jupiter2 from Lost in Space the movie. Since I have yet to find or produce good textures for the Jupiter, I'll have to post it some other time.
I realize these aren't the best quality either, as the textures are stock and they really blow.
Now a little about the ship: This is the Bleak Horizon, a ship I conjured up based on a fanfic about a group of smugglers/pirates I thought about writing. It measures about 288ft. in length, to give you a general idea of the size.

http://server2045.virtualave.net/sahandrian/Images/BleakHorizon.JPG

http://server2045.virtualave.net/sahandrian/Images/BleakHorizon2.JPG

http://server2045.virtualave.net/sahandrian/Images/BleakHorizon3.jpg

Constructive comments and criticism welcome!

------------------
Call me Musashi!!!
-Andy

[This message has been edited by The Antagonist (edited March 02, 2001).]

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The defiant-element in its tail is good, haven't seen that utilized much, is the rooflevel made of wood? The nacelles look like candy, but then again, so does the Galaxy-class'.

Funny, the placement of the nacelles looks different in pic1 and pic2, a matter of perspective. The third picture isn't accessible right now, it seems...

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His turnip not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

[This message has been edited by Nimrod (edited March 02, 2001).]

Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The third link should work now.

Great, so you're saying if i ever get a termite infestation I shouldn't be surprised if I find my upper hull missing? Same goes for my nacelles I suppose if I ever encounter a jem'hadar with a sweet tooth! Like I said, the textures I used really blow. Since I din't have PSP or Photoshop I have to use Photodeluxe, a really cheap version made my adobe. I'm in the middle of fixing that as I type, though. My school has a shelf full of useful graphics editing software (all easily concealable in my pocket, *evil laugh*).

And by the way.....candy? How the hell does it look like candy?!!

------------------
Call me Musashi!!!
-Andy

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmm, round, plump and colourful! I would buy a little bag of those bad-boys anytime! Oooh, the gelatin, the sugah, THE WEIGHTGAIN!!!!
Omigod, it's the golden calf! You won't turn me away from my little turnips, you briggand!

Hmm, that's what that new NASA-shuttle (X-what?) would look like if Cochrane would help them out a bit...

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His turnip not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

[This message has been edited by Nimrod (edited March 02, 2001).]

Antagonist
Member # 484

Nope. This design was originally based off of the queen's ship from Episode 1, but after I started adding the textures I noticed it had some qualities of a "Patcom" (patrol combatant) from a game called Independence War.

I should have some new textures within the next week and even a new model soon after that. I guess I'll hold out until the new model to use the new textures. Thanks for your comments, apparently everybody else is speechless (with horror or pity I don't know which) or uninterested.

------------------
Call me Musashi!!!
-Andy

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps