Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Wanted:Movie Era Uniform Pics

Author Topic: Wanted:Movie Era Uniform Pics
Yakaspat The Trekker
Member # 355

- posted      Profile for Yakaspat The Trekker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone seen any high quality Movie-Era uniform pics? I only have the widely circulated Encyc scans. However, are there any Poser models, or some such similar Movie-Era images? I'd like to get a nice gallery of all those uniforms seen between ST-II and ST-VI.

-Lance
http://thetrekker.homestead.com

------------------
TheTrekker's Officer's Bible: A Concise Review of the Starfleet

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fitz' site of Uniforms has some pictures of people wearing the Movie uniforms. The best ST-Uniforms, IMHO.

------------------
To know a thing well, know its limits. Only when pushed beyond its tolerances will true nature be seen.
The Amtal Rule (Dune)
---
Titan Fleet Yards - Harry Doddema's Star Trek Site

Yakaspat The Trekker
Member # 355

- posted      Profile for Yakaspat The Trekker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damned right. The movie Era uniforms were by and far the best trek uniform ever, if not the best uniforms in Sci-fi history, IMO.

I am looking for more "diagram-ish" images. Anyone else?

Lance

------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.8ung.at/fitz/uniforms/2278-2350_uniforms.htm

(Also, Fitz' site )

Note the 'police' uniform (Where was that seen?)

There is one variant missing: a security officer with a TMP armour over a TWOK uniform.

------------------
To know a thing well, know its limits. Only when pushed beyond its tolerances will true nature be seen.
The Amtal Rule (Dune)
---
Titan Fleet Yards - Harry Doddema's Star Trek Site

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The "security uniform" was worn by the two guys who were guarding McCoy in ST3.

"Don't get smart, tiny."

Mark

------------------
"Why build one, when you can have two at twice the price?"

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

Starbuck
"Replicate some marmalade, Commander - helm control is toast!"
Member # 153

- posted      Profile for Starbuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By "diagram-ish", do you mean like the Encyclopedia but better (in the Fact Files) or like in Mr Scott's Guide? I have both kinds of image...
As for Poser - there are uniform meshes around but I don't think they are so good... maybe I can find someone to help me throw some together?

------------------
"Replicate some marmalade, Commander - helm control is toast!"

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr Scott's Uniform would look great if it weren't on Mr Scott. They should have a matching mannequin.

[This message has been edited by Nimrod (edited March 11, 2001).]

Yakaspat The Trekker
Member # 355

Actually, the link above is GREAT!!! Exactly what I am looking for! I wonder if Fitz can send me a larger High Res version of that chart?

Thanks!

Lance

------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, the whole idea behind Mr. Scott's uniform in the movies was because of Doohan's expanding physique, wasn't it? True, he *did* squeeze back into one of the majorette uniforms for the climatic scene of ST6, and subsequently in Generations, but as an action uniform it's not too good on his body. Hence, the more slimming black vest. You can see that they did the same thing for Kirk in Generations, with the new Officer's vest with the black side panels.

Mark

------------------
"Why build one, when you can have two at twice the price?"

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 24th century variants of the movie uniforms seem to be a bit inaccurate - they have belts, whereas none were worn in "Yesterday's Enterprise" or "Dark Page" (and, IIRC, "Tapestry").

I wonder if the new edition of ST:TMP will introduce further uniform variants. Has anybody heard any new rumors - is the scene between Nogura and Kirk in or out? Shall we see a special brass-encrusted outfit of an especially high-ranking admiral, or will Nogura wear Kirk's two-color uniform with simply more braid on the sleeves? Was any of this in the old "ABC extended edition" of the movie?

Timo Saloniemi

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the information. I've corrected this.

------------------
"Second star to the right, and then straight on till morning."

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The "Tapestry" and "Dark Page" uniforms were identical to the normal movie uniforms, with the exception of the new, low crew-neck collar. Somewhere between 2336 (the image of Ian Troi) and 2344 ("Yesterday's Enterprise"), the collar of the undershirt was no longer visible past the neckline of the jacket, and the belt had been dropped.

And later still (between 2344 and 2349), the commbadge was changed, but I don't know if this would be relevent to the UNIFORM page...

--Jonah

------------------
"It's obvious I'm dealing with a moron..."

--Col. Edwards, ROBOTECH

[This message has been edited by Peregrinus (edited March 16, 2001).]

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your 29th century uniforms pic doesn't seeem to be working.

------------------
"Well if it's gonna be that kind of a party, I'm putting my dick in the mashed potatoes!"

--Nimrod 16/4/01

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, 8ung made a server-change and some pics disappeared.

------------------
"Second star to the right, and then straight on till morning."

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps