Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » A Prediction (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: A Prediction
Right
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently, Paramount wants to get the premier 2-hour episode (no point calling it a pilot) and one regular one-hour ep filmed, and air 'em as a "movie of the week." When the strike is over, they will begin to produce the regular episodes.

Probably not a good idea trying to submit it during the strike -- if you do sell it, the WGA might refuse to let you join for "breaking the lines" as it were. Still, if I remember correctly, the odds are against you -- TNG only bought three spec-scripts by the fourth season as I recall. On the other hand, 2 of the 3 script-writers were offered jobs on the writing staff.

Got a story yet?

------------------
"Am I not destroying my enemies when I make them my friends?" - Abraham Lincoln

"America is a large, friendly dog in a very small room. Every time it wags its tail it knocks over a chair." - Arnold Toynbee

"Fighting for peace is like f***ing for virginity." - Anonymous

"Our bombs are smarter than [George W. Bush]. At least they can find Kuwait." - A. Whitney Brown

IP: Logged
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget that "Yesterday's Enterprise" was born from a spec script and became one of the BEST Trek's ever.

Andrew - who picked up the 'soundtrack' to YE, Uni and Holopursuits... the otherday from $34.00 to $6.00

Andrew - who bought Legends of the Ferengi for $1.00

Andrew - who bought First Contact story books for $0.20 each

------------------
Homer: I'm gonna miss Springfield. This town's been awfully good to us.
Bart: No, it hasn't, Dad. That's why we're leaving.
Homer: Oh, yeah. [pokes his head out the window] So long, Stinktown!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's one thing to sell a script or pitch a story idea to TPTB and have them re-write it (look at the ep First Contact -- three pairs of writers worked on that ep)

It's another to sell a script to TPTB and not have them request a rewrite (or allow you to re-write whatever needs re-writing yourself). That's the hurdle to get over.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rob, please e-mail me ...

[email protected]

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Card-Carrying Member of the Flare APAO
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff, keep the desperation from your voice.... He'll take advantage of you....

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking" Nugget
Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant
Star Trek: Legacy
Read them, rate them, got money, film them

"...and I remain on the far side of crazy, I remain the mortal enemy of man, no hundred dollar cure will save me..." WoV

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHICH Rob?

------------------
The government that seems the most unwise, oft goodness to the people best supplies. That which is meddling, touching everything, will work but ill, and disappointment bring. - The Tao Te Ching

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've multiple Robs?

------------------
Lister: "Cat, what are you doing?"
Cat: "I'm courting."
Lister: "Courting who?"
Cat: "Whoever shows up!"
-Red Dwarf, "Me�"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

You First of Two. Besides -- are there any other Robs?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Card-Carrying Member of the Flare APAO
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There might be. There's a lot of us around. Anyway, I just did.

------------------
The government that seems the most unwise, oft goodness to the people best supplies. That which is meddling, touching everything, will work but ill, and disappointment bring. - The Tao Te Ching

Starbuck
"Replicate some marmalade, Commander - helm control is toast!"
Member # 153

- posted      Profile for Starbuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If there's a WGA strike I might submit a spec script... under normal circumstances I can't write for Trek, because I don't have an agent in the US and, living in England, am apparently ineligible to join the WGA.
So it won't affect MY chances of membership if I break the picket

Seriously, do we have any (semi)professional writers who can offer me advice into breaking into Hollywood or TV? There seems to be precious little market for scriptwriters here; even the BBC isn't buying, and isn't in the slightest bit interested in a new science-fiction serial

------------------
"Replicate some marmalade, Commander - helm control is toast!"

Zor Prime
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of First Contact, back around 1992 during the 25th Anniversary hulabaloo, I started writing a script that I was going to send to paramount for TNG that had the Romulans using the Time Planet donut time machine thing from TOS, go back in time to stop Cochrane from creating warp drive, and the TNG folks go back to help!!!
Replace the Roms with Borg, and you have First Contact! Goshdarn bastardos.

IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps