Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Star Trek: Legacy minipedia

Author Topic: Star Trek: Legacy minipedia
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Until I can figure out how to post the second chapter of my fanfic novel, I thought I'd post a list of terms relevant to the story, kinda like the series bibles that the real shows have. The main problem with writing fanfics is that you never know at any given point when something will happen on the real show that will contradict what you've written. It's also hard just to write the stuff, period. Anyway, here you go.

There are a few references from the real shows, but they only have information pertinent to ST:L. Also, I've purposely left the main character's bios vague so I don't give anything away.

Anti-Emissary, The � individual who, according to Shabren�s Final Prophecy, will take the place of the Emissary and will be responsible for much sorrow in the galaxy

Abraham Lincoln, U.S.S. � Federation starship, Merced class. Max Washington�s first posting after he was freed from his incarceration in a Dominion prison camp. The Lincoln will later be chosen to send an envoy into Dominion territory and will end up missing

Alpha Jem�Hadar � Jem�Hadar soldiers exclusively bred in the Alpha Quadrant during the Dominion War, but were proven to be unstable and prone to disobeying orders. Once the Breen entered the war, production of Alpha Jem�Hadar ceased, and most were left behind in the Alpha Quadrant during the evacuation of Dominion forces after the war. The remaining Alphas claim several sectors of former Cardassian space as their own

Arbas, Ambassador � Dominion ambassador to the Federation. T-Rogoran native. Like most T-Rogorans, Arbas hates the Founders and the Jem�Hadar, but still believes in the Dominion�s policy of conquest

Bashir, Dr. Julian � CMO of Deep Space Nine, developed a vaccine to cure the Founders of the Section 31-created virus

B�Hetrella - Ancient Bajoran term for the known Galaxy, comprising parts of Federation, Klingon, Romulan, and Breen space

Breen Confederacy - Alpha Quadrant power. Temporarily formed alliance with the Dominion near the end of the war, but retreated back to their own space after the war ended. Are xenophobic towards all other alien races

Cardassian Union � now-defunct Alpha Quadrant power. Formed alliance with the Dominion during the war, but were later betrayed by them. Their main world, Cardassia Prime, was destroyed by the Dominion, but several colonies and outposts remain

Chark � T-Rogoran native, former medic, now serves as doctor aboard U.S.S. Legacy

Cross, Michael � Section 31 operative and Jared Kane�s assistant

Deep Space Nine � Federation controlled Bajoran space station situated near the Bajoran Wormhole. DS9 is in the process of being replaced by the newer station Temple Gateway.

Defiant, U.S.S. � Federation starship, Defiant class, formerly U.S.S. Sao Paulo. Commanded by Jared Kane

Dominion � Major Gamma Quadrant power who fought and lost a war against the combined Alpha Quadrant powers of the Federation, Klingon, and Romulan Empires. Once under the control of the Changeling Founders, they abdicated control in 2377. After this period, the Dominion will be controlled by several of its formerly conquered member races, including the T-Rogorans and the Hovoli. However, it is soon apparent that the T-Rogorans desire to keep the aggressive nature of the former Dominion active

Dominion War � conflict spanning the years 2373 to 2376 involving the combined powers of the Dominion, Cardassian Union, and Breen Confederacy against the combined powers of the Federation, Klingon, and Romulan Empires

Emissary, The � individual who, according to Bajoran religion, will be the savior of the Bajoran people

Etta, Lorel � Starfleet officer and Betazoid native, aide to Admiral Greer and liaison officer aboard U.S.S. Legacy

Eye of the Universe � term used by the T-Rogorans to describe the Bajoran Wormhole

Faceless One, The � one of several monikers attributed to the Anti-Emissary

Federation/Klingon Conflict � conflict spanning the years 2372 to 2373 involving the Federation and the Klingon Empire. It was later discovered that the conflict was instigated by the Dominion in order to divide the Alpha Quadrant powers against each other

Federation Medical Relief Unit � branch of Starfleet Medical dedicated to providing medical relief to beleaguered worlds. One such unit is currently stationed on Cardassia Prime

Female Changeling � Leader of the Dominion forces in the Alpha Quadrant. After the war ended, she stayed behind to stand trial for her crimes, and was incarcerated in a Federation penal colony

Founders � changeling shapeshifters who controlled the Dominion until 2377

Ghellzant, Karo � Former Dominion engineer and weapons designer, defected to the Federation, now serves as Chief Engineer of U.S.S. Legacy

Gor, Thot � Breen leader who instigated the alliance between the Breen and the Dominion, father to Ladb

Greer, Ronald � Starfleet admiral, Section 31 operative

Guardians, The Four � According to Shabren�s Final Prophecy, the only ones who can stop the Anti-Emissary are these four individuals from the Four Corners of B�Hetrella

Harbinger, The � According to Shabren�s Final Prophecy, the Four Guardians will be brought together by this individual

Hovoli � Dominion member race. The Hovoli homeworld was invaded by the Dominion because of its strategic importance at the time

Jindevar, Remm � Commanding officer of U.S.S. Zarafa. El-Aurian native.

Jurak�Jalat � leader of the Alpha Jem�Hadar

Kane, Jared � head of Section 31, considered by Kai Ungtae to be the Anti-Emissary

Klingon Empire � Alpha Quadrant power. Allies of the Federation.

Kronfic � 120-year old Klingon Dahar Master, the second of the Four Guardians

Ladb � leader-elect of the Breen Confederacy, the fourth of the Four Guardians

Legacy, U.S.S. � prototype warship combining Federation and Dominion technology, built by Karo Ghellzant. Also utilizes the prototype Kahn Generator. Max Washington stole the Legacy in 2378

Lito, Vedek � Bajoran monk and assistant to Kai Ungtae

Lyle, Rhiannon � Federation councilor, secret supporter of Section 31, and Jared Kane�s lover

Mes, President Hol � President of the Federation council in 2378

Nemesis � one of several monikers attributed to the Anti-Emissary

Nerys, Kira � Bajoran colonel in charge of Deep Space Nine before Jared Kane took command

Nog, Lt. � Starfleet officer assigned to Deep Space Nine

Prophets, The � timeless aliens who inhabit the Bajoran Wormhole, prepared Raiyool to be the Harbinger

Partisan, U.S.S. � Federation starship, Galaxy class. Commanded by Troy Washington. Ship was destroyed in 2375 by the Alpha Jem�Hadar

Raiyool � Vorta commandant of a Dominion POW camp, the Harbinger of Shabren�s Final Prophecy

Romulan Empire � Alpha Quadrant power. Enemies of the Federation and Klingon Empire until 2376, when Alliance was formed. Government in danger of being overthrown by the Tal Shiar

Section 31 � corrupt Federation covert organization forced to go underground but still very powerful

Shabren � ancient Bajoran prophet who predicted the rise of the Anti-Emissary and the gathering of the Four Guardians to defeat him

Shabren�s Final Prophecy - roughly translated as �Once the Emissary has defeated the Kosst Amojan and become one with the Prophets, an Anti-Emissary will take his place. The only ones who can defeat the Anti-Emissary are the Four Guardians, who will come from the Four Corners of B�Hetrella (known space, i.e. the Alpha Quadrant), and will be brought together by a Harbinger. This will be the Final Path of the Reckoning, for if the Anti-Emissary is defeated, a thousand years of peace will reign. However, if the Anti-Emissary prevails, a thousand years of hardship and sorrow will befall the World.�

Shura � de facto leader of the Cardassian people, former prison guard in Dominion POW camp

Skrreeans � former slaves of the T-Rogorans before the Dominion took over. Migrated to the Alpha Quadrant and relocated to planet Kentanna.

Tal Shiar � Romulan covert organization in league with Section 31. Supplied phase-cloaking device for U.S.S. Legacy. Wants the Romulan government to remain isolationist, and has a secret agreement with Section 31 whereby they will transport Dominion warship parts to Temple Gateway via cloaked freighters, and in return Section 31 will make sure that no outside influences be allowed to undermine the government, including Unification

Taryn � former Romulan centurion and the third of the Four Guardians

Temple Gateway � Federation space station built to replace Deep Space Nine. Also used as a covert construction base for abandoned Dominion warships under the supervision of Section 31

Thunderchild, U.S.S. � Federation starship, Akira class. Max Washington�s first posting after graduating from Starfleet Academy. Ship was destroyed in 2373 at the beginning of the Dominion War

T-Rogorans � Former rulers of much of Gamma Quadrant space before the Dominion took over. Now in control of the Dominion, they are eager to reclaim their territory

Ungtae, Kai � Spiritual leader of the Bajoran people as of 2376

United Federation of Planets � major power in the Alpha Quadrant consisting of over 150 member worlds. Key elements in the Federation are in danger of being taken over by Section 31

Valtori, Susan � commanding officer of U.S.S. Abraham Lincoln.

Vorta � Dominion member race. They consider the Founders to be gods, and relocated to the Founder�s homeworld after they abdicated control of the Dominion

Wormhole, Bajoran � artificial wormhole passageway between the Alpha and Gamma Quadrants. As per the treaty of 2376, ships from the Alpha Quadrant may enter the Gamma Quadrant, but may not enter Dominion-claimed space

Washington, Max � former Starfleet officer, and the first of the Four Guardians

Washington, Troy � Max Washington�s brother, thought to be KIA after the U.S.S. Partisan was destroyed

Washington, Jose � Max and Troy Washington�s father, was killed during the Federation/Klingon conflict

Washington, Gail � mother of Max and Troy Washington, patient in Starfleet Medical Hospital

Zarafa, U.S.S. � Federation starship, Andromeda class. Commanded by Remm Jindevar

------------------
Lisa: "Don't you remember the story of Oedipus?"
Homer: "Maybe five dollars will refresh my memory."
Lisa (angrily): "Oedipus was the story of a man who kills his father and marries his mother!"
Homer: "Uggh! Who pays for that wedding?"

Shabren's Final Prophecy: Star Trek: Legacy

[This message has been edited by Dukhat (edited April 05, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Dukhat (edited April 06, 2001).]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do you have a Dominion without the Founders? I can see other races wanting to keep the thing going, but they would have to rebuild all the infrastructure from scratch.

------------------
Not even a god can deny that I have squared the circle of a static Earth and cubed the Earth sphere by rotating it once to a dynamic Time or Life Cube.
--
Gene Ray
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet" Or don't. You know, whatever.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember, a lot of the Dominion member races had never even seen the Founders, or even believed that they existed. But as long as the Dominion still has enforcers (whoever they may be), it will still remain in existence.

------------------
Lisa (angrily): "Oedipus was the story of a man who kills his father and marries his mother!"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but what I'm saying is that without the Founders you have none of the tools used to keep the Dominion together. No Jem'Hadar. No Vorta.

------------------
Not even a god can deny that I have squared the circle of a static Earth and cubed the Earth sphere by rotating it once to a dynamic Time or Life Cube.
--
Gene Ray
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet" Or don't. You know, whatever.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why did you demote Nog? He's a JG now.

------------------
"For people with resources, the right events happen. They may look like coincidences, but they arise out of necessity." --T�rk Hviid

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, maybe Duckie doesn't know that, or it's a simple mistake.

------------------
"Kif, I have made it with a woman! Inform the crew!"

- Zapp Brannigan

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

Thanks for the input, guys. This is exactly what I need to get this novel running. Please let me know of any other observations you might have.

Shik: You're right, Nog is a Lt. He's actually a Lt. in Chapter One, I just mistyped here. Edit time.

Sol: The Dominion of my fanfic is more of a situation like so: The leaders of an empire no longer rule the empire, and its subjects now find themselves in control. What happens now is the question. Will that empire fall, become even more powerful, change into something completely different, etc? I've made it so that one of the member races decides that IT should be the rightful rulers, although there will be more integration of other races aboard Dominion ships, similar to the Federation.

------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

I guess what I'm saying is that the Dominion is suitably unlike normal empires to make that extremely difficult. No one in it, as far as we know, is allowed to keep a standing army, for instance. It's all Jem'Hadar, and the Jem'Hadar are not going to switch their allegences. Which means that our would-be heirs to the throne are going to have to create a military out of whole cloth.

Now, that could be done, and other ties between the former Dominion worlds would still exist. But it would take some time.

------------------
--
Gene Ray

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

I understand what you're saying. Let's just say that the political situation of the Dominion is far from stable, only I don't want to give any of the story away before I even post it here!

------------------

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Email it to post... or get an FTP prog....

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking" Nugget
Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant
Star Trek: Legacy
Read them, rate them, got money, film them

"...and I remain on the far side of crazy, I remain the mortal enemy of man, no hundred dollar cure will save me..." WoV

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps