Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » USS Pioneer (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: USS Pioneer
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
USS Pioneer NXR-85930
http://flareupload.hypermart.net/files/Pioneer.gif

This is my final hand sketch. I plan to take the design into Draw for the finishing touch and correct a few things like the nacelles.

The Pioneer is set in the future, and as for the registry prefix...well I thought if I'm making up a new ship, why not a new registry.

Credits: As you may of noticed, there are a lot of familar design elements. For the pod, I liked some of the stuff Matt uploaded and tried to incorporate it into my own ship. I also based it off of Rick Sternbach's Voyager and Equinox designs as well as some of John Eaves work.

Anyway..I think there's more I wanted to say, but it's late and I can't think of it right now. Hope you like it.

------------------
"Let me ask you something, Mr. Garibaldi, a purely philosophical question. On a scale of 1 to 10, how stupid do you think I am anyway?" - Bester
Federation Starship Datalink: Brand new look, fresh minty scent, same great taste!

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited April 23, 2001).]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like. But I think I'd like longer nacelles...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

Daniel
Member # 453

- posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May I ask how long she is? You know you've got thirteen decks on the UPPER side of the primary hull alone. Unless she's very big, that might make it a bit ... thick. Otherwise, I like. Good freehand skills, by the way.
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you base this drawing on the unused design for the Endeavour in FC? I can see some similarities.

------------------
Lisa: "Don't you remember the story of Oedipus?"
Homer: "Maybe five dollars will refresh my memory."
Lisa (angrily): "Oedipus was the story of a man who kills his father and marries his mother!"
Homer: "Uggh! Who pays for that wedding?"

Shabren's Final Prophecy: Star Trek: Legacy

Hobbes
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See, told you I was too tired to remember everything.

I even forgot to mention it's Expedition-class.

Until I finish with the side view I'm laying off on making final specs. Rough specs though include: A length of 550 meters with about 20 decks, and gets 20 lightyears to a gallon.

When I was drawing it out I didn't get the scale I wanted, but hopefully I can make a better scale in Draw. But I wanted to make the ship big. There was an argument earlier how Starfleet only makes small ships and I wanted to go with the larger and majestic type like Excelsiors and Galaxys.

------------------
"Let me ask you something, Mr. Garibaldi, a purely philosophical question. On a scale of 1 to 10, how stupid do you think I am anyway?" - Bester
Federation Starship Datalink: Brand new look, fresh minty scent, same great taste!

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited April 24, 2001).]

Hobbes
Member # 138

Hmm... I was kinda hoping to get a bigger response. But thanks anyway. I'm in the process of turning it into a vector drawing. Which is slowly coming along.

------------------

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a silly question: Did you draw that and scanned it ? I'm asking because I have designs and I want to put them up here.

Its nice, a cross of the Sovereign and the Ambassador classes.

------------------
Signature for sale! For a mere price of $20 per letter you get this wonderful little space to say your own things. Get it now while there's still space!

-All you base belong to infinity. -infinity11

Hobbes
Member # 138

Yes.

------------------

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hobbes is a long time online friend of mine and got me back into hand-drawing starships (for too long i was using a mouse, and forgot what a pencil could do)

Personally, I LOVE those nacells. The whole design has a nice flow to it.

------------------
Wes Button[email protected]
TechFX StudiosThe United Federation Uplink
------------------
I don't like Wesley Crusher.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a pretty sweet ship. It kinda reminds me of the Dawnstar, you know...

------------------
"Of course I'm paranoid! Everyone's trying to kill me."
- Weyoun, "Treachery, Faith, and the Great River"

crobato
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Wow.

This one reminds me of the Lexington class in the game Klingon Academy. In fact, it's quite close.

Click the link--
http://www.interplay.com/klingon/race_federation_shipinfo.html

You will be amazed at the coincidence.

The Lexington has a TOS type time period vintage.

For something with a late registration like the Pioneer (drop the NXR letters---it sounds like a new model of DVD player or something), I think it should have a more elliptical or triangular main hull section to give it a more late 24th century look.

IP: Logged
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aichi gowa

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

[This message has been edited by Nimrod (edited May 12, 2001).]

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks great!

First thing that jumped to mind was that it looked like a New Orleans revamp !

BTW, Did you do side views, etc.?

------------------
"Fuck L Ron Hubbard and fuck all his clones.
Fuck all those gun-toting
hip gangster wannabes."
-Tool, Ænima

---
Titan Fleet Yards - Harry Doddema's Star Trek Site

Hobbes
Member # 138

Not yet. Soon though, as well as a bridge plan.

As far as the saucer goes, I love the classic look. I never cared too much for the triangular arrow shaped hulls.

------------------

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks great! Made me think of the New Orleans class... The nacelles look a little to close together to me...

------------------
"I don't poke my head into business world too much. All I care about is making the show. And naked stuff."
- Joss Whedon, creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps