Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Designing Akira Class MSD (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Designing Akira Class MSD
FinalFrontier001
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Using the basic schematic, or Master Situation Montior/Diagram provided by Starship Creator, warp 2, I've editted out the 'interiors', and have begun designing my own. I've gotten torpedo systems from the Sovy-Class Schematic in Captain's Chair, as well as Engineering from VGR, and the bridge, well, from something that was posted here. Everythings been a bit re-modeled, re-sized, re-shaped and so forth. What I am requesting is this - any other Master Situation Monitor/Diagram you have, in a size large enough so that one deck is about 32 pixels in height. In other words, pretty damn big. =) If you'll check a topic called "27th century coaxial warp drive prototype", I need things about as big as that bridge. =)

I would really appreciate anything you can give me, and will be sure to post the finished product for everyones review, and, enjoyment. =)

IP: Logged
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, but I already have an Akira-class MSD.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't! But I'd like one please! Also, one of the USS Raven would be really appreciated - or is there one already in the images list?

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SS Raven MSD = USS Defiant MSD + some new outlines

SS Raven MSD = sucks
=>
USS Defiant MSD + some new outlines = sucks
=>
USS Defiant < sucks

q.e.d.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's not very helpful Harry.

So, does anyone have a MSD for the USS Raven?

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My prototype msd used graphic elements from the Dauntless, Sov, Voyager, and some original stuff by me. The dauntless msd can be found in the Star Trek Enyc as a shockwave drawing.
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a MSD I did a while back for my Titan class using JUST Microsoft Paintbrush. It's a tad grainy because I saved it as a JPEG, but the origina Bitmap version is actually very good looking.

I'm attempting right now to create a Cutaway for my Type-12 shuttlecraft (rather hard to d, actually).

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Wes
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jeebus!!! mspaint!! damn!!... you need to move onto photoshop! you'd rock
GBurch
Ex-Member

I don't know about everyone else, but I'd really like to see what you've got so far for your Akira class MSD
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't there one on Starship Creator already?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Wes
Member # 212

yes, there is, but thats one you build yourself.... i dunno
Leo
Ex-Member

Hmmmm, for the most part I've used only Voyager's MSD from the Captain's Chair CD to make any MSDs for other ships (so far I've done the Prometheus (may have been seen by many of you on online reference sites and simming websites, disastrously, without accreditation - it sucked anyway in comparison to my later works), Miranda, Enterprise's Captain's Yacht, Delphin, Paladin/Shrike, Falcon, Fed Scoutship, some shuttles - from trek, and the Whitestar from Babylon 5... I can't remember the others)

Anyway, I was replying to this topic to suggest taking a deeper look into the Intrepid-Class MSD in as clear an image as possible - if you get the color basics from a cleared up version of the rooms you can get pretty far through just drawing the lines for what you're looking for (I've made a crew lounge from scratch, cloaking device, slipstream control room, enlarged crew quarters for the senior staff, holodecks, arboretums, the type 11 shuttle, and a couple other miniatures for MSDs), oh and this part's probably the most important...if you have layering capabilities in your painting program, put it to good use - one for deck outlines, under that would be the deck interiors, over it all the ship's hull, over the hull the LCARS, and all the way on the bottom any decorations for the surrounding space for the ship. It can take forever to do, say, an 11 deck starship - but the result, IMHO, is comparable to Okuda's work as displayed in varied resources.

Lobo
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi
i have made an MSD too
i have made it with Adope Photoshop and an sorvereign MSD
here:
cya

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Leo...any chance you would show those other MSD's here? I really liked the Prometheus MSD; it looked better than the actual one.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Leo
Ex-Member

I'd love to... except by now it almost seems pointless. The few I threw out on the web scarcely got accredited, and even though in some places I went around and offered the people using my image the updated versions 'with' credits, they refused to use it and even claimed it as theirs... so, sorry if I'm skeptical about it, but at this rate I'd rather e-mail people the msds and make sure one by one that if they were used, that the credits stayed... I'll even 'do' new msds for people given patience and whatnot... just really under my terms.

Lobo: cool MSD!!! =)

[ September 04, 2001: Message edited by: Leo ]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps