Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » The Elani Union

Author Topic: The Elani Union
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, here's the fruit of many hours' work. I started working on the Elani Friday, and I finished what I wanted to get done yesterday.

It all started on Friday when I was at the museum with the kids (part of my job; I work at a daycamp). There's a nifty geology exhibit there, that depicts the Earth in various stages of evolution. I thought the paleogeographic globes there would look nifty as alien planets in Star Trek. So, I took a map of the Earth during the Cambrian Period (510 000 000 BC or thereabouts) and called it Elanus. Then I created the Elani, and decided to use the ships and tech from the Zetans, the guys I created a while ago but left on the back burner. So, I made a new page, updated all the schematics I had made, and now I have this, The Elani Union

Enjoy.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I've been telling you ever since you begun that you've done an excellent job.

I think you ought to know, though, that the orbital defense platform picture is missing.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No it's not. *shifty glance*

--------------------

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool.

Where'd you get the planet map?

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Hmm... Let me see here...

Here we are! http://vishnu.glg.nau.edu/rcb/Cambrian.html

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I just scanned through the "fleet" ...

Thats a kind of high officer/enlisted ratio, don't you think?

Nice job, BTW.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

*shrug*

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, if you're not going to answer, please don't waste my time by posting a "shrug" reply.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Well too bad! Look, people have told me before that I have high officer/enlisted ratios, but no one ever tells me what a resonable one would be! It's annoying.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Well, you could've said that.

I think an average USN ratio is something like 1/20 ... I'm sure some of our current and ex- military members can clarify that a bit.

[lisp]Honestly, Fabby, baby, if you don't ask, you'll never learn ...[/lisp]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps