Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Unseen articles...

Author Topic: Unseen articles...
Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Normally I don't change things on one opinion, and the poster formerly known as MeGotBeer is no exception, but it did sound corny.
All right then.
On this thread, you can post any of those "unseen articles" talkled about on the "Voyager Report" thread. To clarify, this is where you can write those articles about events in the ST universe we know little about. The search for Voyager, Wolf 359, the Zefram Cochrane first contact, etc.
Was that better?

[ September 19, 2001: Message edited by: Veers ]

--------------------
Meh

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It does.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Veers
You first
Member # 661

*Grumble*
It seems I'll have to start something...

BORG DECIMATE FEDERATION FLEET
40-ship fleet destroyed at Wolf 359

In one of the largest Federation losses in history, the 40-starship fleet mounted to destory the Borg cube heading toward Earth is believed to be almost completely gone.

Admiral J.P. Hanson was the fleet's commander, disembarking on the U.S.S. Melbourne with 39 other starships including a dozen Klingon vessels. The task force was to destroy the Borg Cube which had threatened Earth earlier when the U.S.S. Lalo was destroyed. When the fleet arrived, a major battle ensured near the star Wolf 359, and the all but one ship was wiped out.

Starfleet Command is desperately scrambling to prepare Earth for a Borg Attack. All available starships are positioning around Earth. Command was unabe to comment.

The surviving vessel, the (B???Kl///Java Script Error///), is reporting that it is scanning the area for any survivors of the attack.

The total loss of lives in this attack is estimated to be in the 10,000 range, based on starship manifests.

The FNS will keep you updated...

--------------------
Meh

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Veers
The surviving vessel, the (B???Kl///Java Script Error///), is reporting that it is scanning the area for any survivors of the attack.

Hee hee, that's one way of avoiding the problem. very clever.

[ September 20, 2001: Message edited by: USS Vanguard ]

--------------------
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger,
Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die."-Mel Brooks

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i still dont believe there was a surviving vessel

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, they did state in the episode that 39 ships of the 40 ship fleet were destroyed (and the Endeavour is possibly the survivor)...but, on the other hand, we have folks who refuse to believe Kirk is dead...

[ September 20, 2001: Message edited by: Ace ]

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ABOUT 40 ships.. somebody approximated. If a ship survived it would have called the enterprise when it showed up.

Then they heard the official casualty figures (in 'The Drumhead') of 39 ships, and jumped to a conclusion.

But what is a conclusion if you cant jump to it, really.

And the Endeavour thing was dreamed up by Okuda to explain a really bad reference on Voyager, thats easier explained by anything else.
And as proof that Voyagers producers had never seen trek before, i give you 'The Vulcan-Romulan War'

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because, of course, the Borg never showed up outside of The Best of Both Worlds, and there is no enmity between the Vulcans and Romulans.
capped
Member # 709

Of course, it seems more likely that some ships 'bumped' into Borg presences outside of Federation space (Kind of like the Enterprise-D in 'I, Borg') but without huge fleet battles, just getting their asses whupped a little or running and hiding.
That's when Captain Amasov and the Endeavour had a chance to experience the Borg's ruthlessness.

And the Vulcan/Romulan thing is distressing because a thousand years before Voyager, the Vulcans didnt even KNOW there were Romulans. Spock said that, before the Romulans revealed themselves in Balance of Terror, there were only 'rumors' Besides, I dont see Vulcans being involved in a war.. they are pacifists

--------------------

Veers
You first
Member # 661

I must admit I once used that "Script Error" joke on an assignment for school.
I want to point out, Captain Mike, that I'm not trying to be canon (as in saying this was what was actually reported)...although (1) I believe there was a surviving vessel, and (2) I like to incorporate a bit of canon into everything.

[ September 20, 2001: Message edited by: Veers ]

--------------------
Meh

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Captain Kirk's Hair Missing

by Malnurtured Snay, special to the FNN

4506.7 -- Apparently Tribble/Toupee walked off head during landing party. Enterprise crew members are conducting a thorough search of planet. Kirk described as "distraught"

---

"We were on the planet," Crewman 2nd-Class Wayne Steigward told reporters today. Assigned to the Security Division aboard the Enterprise, Steigward and Ensign Michael Ford were providing security for the landing party, which also consisted of Dr. McCoy, First Officer Spock, and Captain Kirk. "The Captain began screaming ... his hair was running down his back!"

"I tried to stop it," Ford said, "but it was too small a target for me to hit with my phaser."

First Officer Spock, a Vulcan, had to apply the Vulcan nerve pinch to calm down Captain Kirk.

"He is doing fine, and my prescription for him is lots of rest and relaxation," Dr. Leonard McCoy, the ship's chief medical officer, told reporters when asked about the incident. He them mumbled something about how friends don't give friends the Vulcan "death" grip.

The ship's dashing helmsman, Lt. Hikaru Sulu, who one day dreams of a starship command of his own, theorized about the captain's toupee. "It had to be a tribble," he said. Three weeks earlier, the Enterprise had been overrun by tribbles at a stop at Deep Space Station K-7, where they encountered a Klingon battleship.

Ensign Pavel Chekov said that he believed Kirk's toupee -- a Russian "inwention", as he put it -- must have been lost when Kirk was asleep one night during the harrowing events of the stay at K-7. He theorized that a tribble must have found a perch on Kirk's head and "hung on for it's wery life!"

"Ah beamed the wee' beasties into the Klingon's engineering room," Chief Engineer Montgomery Scott said proudly when asked how the situation was resolved.

Greenpeace condemned Mr. Scott's actions earlier today in a news statement.

[ September 20, 2001: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Veers
You first
Member # 661

A general warning is going out to all other Starfleet captains to make sure they know where their toupees are...

--------------------
Meh

capped
Member # 709

TONIGHT'S SPECIAL SECTION:
THE FLEECING OF THE FEDERATION

INTERSTELLER IMPROPRIETY: WHAT ARE WE PAYING THESE GUYS FOR?

by Taam Broqaw

SECTOR 21109 - Even though we don't use money as our ancestors did, we still pay our taxes. But what do we do when our tax dollars are being used to fund an intergalactic fleet that we have no control over. Some disturbing implications.
Yesterday I interviewed several crewman from the U.S.S. Enterprise, a Federation starship currently assigned to exploration duty on the frontier. But is exploration all that's really going on? I spoke with Yeoman 2nd Class Gim Plutarski to find out more.
"Yeah, we all notice the Captain having a little fun now and again." the yeoman said, referring to James Tiberius Kirk, commanding officer of that vessel for 3 years. He continues, "Once, I was assigned to the data trunks on deck 18 and 19. See its a real good job. I go around to every panel check to make sure that every data solid in the wall is correctly color coded. One night, around 2200, I was getting to the rear of the secondary hull. I was working late because there were a lot of diplomatic functions and they were using the cargo transporters to retrieve baggage from Starbase 6. When I got to the shuttle obsevation deck, where they have the nice viewports, i walked in and saw the Captain and the Phrandulian ambassador there." The yeoman paused, visibly chagrined. "They were.. oh jeez, i dont even know if theres a word for it. Her tentacles were all hanging out. Id heard stories about Phrandulians, but..."
"It's not just right." He said, "I mean this is the third time we've caught him there. Bill Johnson, the guy from Epilon Indi wo works the control tower, he says that Kirk takes all the female visitors to the ship there. Doesnt he have quarters?"

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

STICK REMOVED FROM ASS

By Malnurtured Snay, special to the FNN

53406.5 - Executive Officer of Federation Flagship undergoes surgery to correct walk

---

Commander William T. Riker, who has served as the Executive Officer of the two lastest Starship Enterprises underwent surgery at Starbase 123 last week to remove the large stick in his rectum which has long been attributed for his peculiar style of walking.

"It's much nicer to walk with him now," ship's counselor Deanna Troi told reporters. "He doesn't try and open doors with his forehead anymore."

Jean-Luc Picard, captain of the Enterprise, told reporters that Riker was now spending more time sitting in the XO's chair (to the right of the command chair) than pacing the bridge. "It made the junior officers and enlisted crew nervous," Picard admitted, sipping on Earl Grey tea. "They've all calmed down some."

The Enterprise's second officer, Data, the only android in Starfleet, tried to make a joke relating the recent surgery to Riker's recent decision to shave his beard. For decency's sake, this reporter will not reprint the joke.

The Enterprise's Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Beverly Crusher, remarked that Riker appeared to be in a better mood the day after the surgery. "He said it hurt a little, but that he felt much better, although strangely empty."

You may remember Will Riker as the officer who stopped the Borg following the Wolf 359 fiasco, in which bungled Starfleet leadership led to the loss of 40 starships and 20,000 dead. Although offered numerous promotions to captain, he has turned them down. He was cleared by a Board of Inquiry for his role in the destruction of the Enterprise-D, the current vessel's precursor.

"I think the surgery helped correct a major problem I was having," Riker admitted. "Now maybe I'll be smart enough to move up the ladder the next time I'm asked."

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps