Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Starfleet Hopper Deployed to Flare

Author Topic: Starfleet Hopper Deployed to Flare
Yakaspat The Trekker
Member # 355

- posted      Profile for Yakaspat The Trekker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The ASDB Project (www.trekships.org) has come up with a design for the Hopper, now on display at TheOfficer's Bible:

http://www.thetrekker.org/hopper.html

Cool, eh?

Lance M. Nutter
TheTrekker's Officer's Bible
A Review of the Starfleet of 2376
www.thetrekker.org

--------------------
TheTrekker's Officer's Bible: A Concise Review of the Starfleet
http://www.thetrekker.org

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neat!
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's cool. I like the variety of uses he came up with for it. I especially like the ability to deploy a planetary weapon.

The details are very cool, such as having the medical version be from the Pasteur. Very nice work.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the color scheme of the Federation News one.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is really nice work, Lance. I have to agree that I like the color scheme for the Federations News Service version of the Hopper. The attention to detail is certainly nice such as the inclusion of the Starfleet Academy logos and the salute to the Pasteur.

Using Hoppers to deploy planetary weaponry is an interesting idea. It's also cool to see them hauling around functioning and damaged/destroyed workbees. I like the touchs of the antennae and the satellite receiver on the top of the news version. The medical version would certainly be useful considering the ground operations Starfleet used in the Dominion War. Very nice work indeed.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweet!

When I can make my drawings look like that, then I shall be a Jedi.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thankyou, your all so kind.

quote:
I like the touchs of the antennae and the satellite receiver on the top of the news version

Actually that satellite receiver, the thing on the midsection is an enhanced sensor platform.
With holo recorders and whatnot.

There is more to come.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess it might have helped if I had read the page all the way to the bottom and noticed the design credits. Sorry about that, Lance and Reverend. Anyway, I still thinks it's a fabulous job, and, lord willing, I'll remember to give kudos to the right person next time.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't sweat it.
But I'd much perfer to have constructive criticism than kudos

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps