Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » The guy who did the pics...

Author Topic: The guy who did the pics...
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who was the artist that did those comic-book-esque pictures here... they were REALLY good... I think they were generally of ships - i.e. Voyager I think he was going to do one of Seven of Nine!?!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I don't know about the really good part...but I think you're talking about me...I've got two starship pics and a 7 of 9 pic at www.alanfore.com in the sci-fi gallery.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool starship drawings..

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*bows humbly*

Thank you.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How did you get on with the Steamrunner one? I want to buy it before I get married and my wife tells me I can't. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

It's still a lovely pencil drawing sitting on a shelf in my studio. One of several projects consigned to creative limbo for the moment (along with a pencil drawing of the Akira). If I can figure out a way to convince myself that it will help get me business by putting in my upcoming mailer, I'll do it Otherwise I have to get some projects done that will get me some jobs.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aban! Yes! I loved your pictures. They were very nice!

I think I prefer your sort of drawings to fan CGI a lot of the time. There is something more REAL about your pics than fan CGI - maybe it has to do with you have light interacting correctly with your hulls

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

LOL! Yah...well, the lighting is definitely something that's difficult ot get right. I probably exaggerate the glow of the nacelles and deflectors...but *some* dramatic lighting is fun to do

Someday...ah yes, someday I swear I'll get to do these things for money

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, maybe I'll send the boys around. Moose! Rocko! Help da man rethink his marketing strategy! 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

BWAAAHAHAHA! Oh...that was good.

So, Andrew...did want to ask me something in particular, or were you just looking for those pieces?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh man if you ever do an akira let me know. i would want a poster-size copy.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

No, no Aban, nothing in particular. I could remember who did them. And I remember you mentioned that you were doing some more pictures... a while back - I wondered if you had completed anymore? They are very nice.

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Well, I appreciate it. And knowing that people are waiting on them will hopefully give the little boost I need to get off my butt and do them I'll do my best to work them into the rotation

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps