Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » My guide to alien races of the galaxy. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: My guide to alien races of the galaxy.
MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After returning home from a tour of the galaxy, I have made many notes. There are many races I have met with and I have a big story to tell. But I'd rather just give you descriptions of the thing's I have seen for right now. Here's one of the descriptions.

Below is just one of four races I've imagined so far. I've did write ups for 2, including the one below and the other two races are unwritten as of yet.
If the spacing and the indenting and all that is all screwed up, I't this message boards fault!! Tell me what you think.

The Tasleen

The Tasleen don't have a home world as we know it. They, instead, have a home asteroid
belt. Long ago, when their solar system was still forming, a very large asteroid with a
high dark matter content exploded for reasons unknown within the proximity of Tasla, the
name of the Tasleen star. The fragments of the asteroid got caught by Tasla's gravity and
became a very dense asteroid belt. The dark matter in the asteroid fragments started
attracting interstellar gas. After a while, the large belt of rock fragments were surrounded
with an atmosphere. The Tasleen call this, Tasla Prime. It is their home. Due to the
gravitational inconsistencies from rock fragment to rock fragment depending on how
much dark matter is contained within it, the atmosphere on Tasla Prime can be much
thicker in some areas, and much thinner in other areas. Tasla Prime is located between
the third and forth planet orbiting Tasla.

Because of the huge differences in atmospheric pressure from area to area, the Tasleen
have developed 2 sets of 2 lungs. The small set of lungs kick in when a Tasleen enters an
area with very thick atmosphere. The large set kicks in when a Tasleen enters an area of
thin atmosphere. The Tasleen have also developed very strong telekinetic abilities to help
them cope with the sometimes massive fluctuations in gravity whenever they "rock hop,"
as the Humans call it, from asteroid to asteroid. Sense they use telekinesis to travel, the Tasleen do not have legs. The Tasleen do however have webbed arms, similar to that of a
flying squirrel, to help them glide through the air. The facial features of a typical Tasleen
are very few. Like Humans, they have 2 eyes and 1 mouth, but they do not have a nose to
speak of and they have 4 ears. Their craniums flow down their back much like a Human
female's hair would, and it reaches down to about half the length of a Tasleen's body.
Rather than a their craniums be rigid and bony, their craniums are made up of a thick
layer of cartilage. This makes their craniums flexible to a degree. The Tasleen
communicate via combinations of howling at different frequencies and pitches. Another
feature the they have is that they have bluish-green skin. However, the exact shade
varies between individuals. Some Tasleen can have skin that is completely blue, or
completely green. Another thing about the Tasleen is that they are marsupials. After the
birth of a young and small Tasleen, it is carried by the male in a small pouch untill the
baby Tasleen is big enough to crawl out and move around on it's own.

The Tasleen have a republic form of government. 300 senators meet at the Tasleen's
capital city to discuss internal affairs. The senate has a primary senator who controls the
Tasleen military forces with the aid of several military advisors. He/she cannot send
military forces into a war or battle without the majority vote from the rest of the senate.
The Tasleen goes through its peaceful and aggressive eras. It usually depends on the
general attitude amongst the Senate and the people it governs at any given point in time.

Tasla Prime is described as quite a beautiful place by the non-Tasleen who have been
there. The sky is a purple-blue color and many of the asteroids have a very soft moss
growing on them. This moss is Talsa Prime's equivalent to grass on Earth. There are several
indigenous animal and plant life forms on Talsa Prime, but the quantity and diversity of
life on Talsa Prime is microscopic compared to that of Earth's. A typical city on Talsa
Prime could cover several asteroids. The buildings on Talsa are wide and tall. Some
smaller asteroids on Talsa prime are completely covered, from pole to pole, by a single,
curved building. Large structures on Tasla Prime aren't equipped with stairs or elevators
sense the Tasleen can just as easily fly toward whatever floor they need to be on. A
popular material for buildings on Tasla Priem is hard grey-white material that is reminiscent of
marble only it is much, much stronger. The Tasleen are also very fond of observatory
domes and great outside views. The result is that many Tasleen structures would either
have observation domes or tall towers with many large observation windows at the top of
them.

An animal species on Earth known as "rods" actually originated on Tasla Prime. The
rods were introduced to Earth's environment in the Earth year 1897 when an exploratory
vessel filled with them crashed on Earth. The occupants of that vessel were rescued, but
the extremely adaptable rods could not be recaptured and they were left on Earth. This
fact is not widely known amongst Humans.

[ December 03, 2001: Message edited by: MIB ]

IP: Logged
MIB
Ex-Member

*bump*
MIB
Ex-Member

Please say something....
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something.
MIB
Ex-Member

Why do I bother? Looks like I'll have to find a pleasent sci-fi writers forum in order to get some feedback.
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i like the part about the rods.
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the part where he presses 'enter' at the end of each line so that everything comes up with one full line and then one line of two words.

It's really quite an interesting way to type
a sentence that
pretty much guarantees a migraine to everybody
who tries to
read it, so that nobody will put themselves
through the
strain to puzzle out what it says.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

MIB
Ex-Member

Dammit. I didn't do that. It's the damn forum message box. I already stated on this post that if the indenting and the spacing is all f**ked up, it's the message boards fault.
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you copying and pasting from somewhere else? Because that's what usually causes that problem for me... you have to go through and edit every single line to make it come out 'normal.'

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A very good effort MIB. I like it. Although I have to say that it could be a bit more detailed in most areas - you've left me with a desire to know more about this species. Like: how did they evolve? How have they mastered space travel (if they have)? and so on.

I do like the lung bit - neat. However, I can't quite visualise the cranium part . . . perhaps a picture?

All in all a good start - an excellent rough draft - you've obviously put a good deal of thought into this. I look forward to a more detailed version.

Oh and change the number of senators - too "Earth-like" in numbers and as their cities span more than one asteroid, I doubt that they'd need 300 - or maybe they do and might need more?

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

MIB
Ex-Member

Of coarse. I'll make a more detailed write up. I've also have done a write up of a species I call the K'Kon. I'm also planning to make 2 more write ups on two more species I have thought of. They're called the Cha'Mondor and the Pon'Toosh.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, that word seems familiar. Cha'Mondor, Where've I seen that before?

*pulls out SW Encyclopedia*

Hmm. Not in here. Although I could have sworn I saw that somewhere before...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How far out from the star is this belt? Very interesting desciption look forward to other postings.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

MIB
Ex-Member

I've imagined the belt to be just slightly further away from its parent star than Earth and its parent star. The arverage all year is about 52 degrees F.
Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Assuming that the belt is of consistant density that would give these people a hell of a lot of territory

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps