Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Main Engineering Sketch

Author Topic: Main Engineering Sketch
Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A long time ago, I posted a bridge sketch done in MS Paint, and I liked the comments (esp. telling me about a certain door problem... ).

Anyway, I've had this sketch on my hard drive for a year or so and was wondering what you guys think. It was also done in MS Paint.

My thinking is that this facility would be on a large starship and could double as an auxilary control. The scale of the location is huge, so if you want an idea, look at the little chairs.

You need to cut and paste the URL.

http://www21.brinkster.com/ace1701a/flare/engineering2.gif

[ December 11, 2001: Message edited by: Ace ]

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That doesn't seem to work.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oddly enough, Ace, I somehow remember seeing this a long time ago. Interesting.

Anyway, I like the design a lot. I love the angular and curvy lines of the set. It's definitely something that doesn't look like it would be normally on a Starfleet ship, but it could fit in with a radically new experimental prototype. You're right, it is a massive area, but you use the space really well. It has a nice layout.

Good job!

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where are the plasma conduits heading from the warp core to the nacelles? Or is this a Voyager-style warp core, w/o a single reaction chamber, and the conduits are lower or higher?
akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not funny! I find that I cannot access linked pictures as well as I used to! What's wrong?

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if those pictures were hosted on the Flare Upload site, then they're gone for good. About three or four months ago, the Flare Upload site was shut down for a breach of the terms of service of Hypermart. Thus, the site and pictures went bye-bye.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To access this pic, copy & paste the address, then remove the "http://" fromt he beginning of the URL. That usually does it.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah ha! It does indeed work - cheers Mark!

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful.

I agree that the curvature doesn't seem to match current Starfleet designs.

Maybe more the style of the USS Relativity?

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno, I think that the layout works pretty good, and would make a fine Starfleet engineering complex. Although it's a bit big, considering the relatively compact layout of the main engine room on the Enterprise-D, Starfleet's largest ship.

Still, it's a cool setup.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that I've seen it... it kind of looks like my own engineering sketch.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps