Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » New Orleans Class (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New Orleans Class
The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right, time to dust off some of these meshes and render up a few new images. No magnificent nebulas here, or startling space scenes. For me, it's all about seeing the ship... I'll start in this thread with the New Orleans

-

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

iam2xtreme
Member # 836

- posted      Profile for iam2xtreme         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool. What is the name of that ship. You can see the registry just not the name.

--------------------
"Marge, trying is the first step towards failure!!" Homer

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice. What about some ventral phaser strips on the pylons?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, possibly. But I can't make out any obvious sign of them on the actual model photo...

The ship BTW is the prototype. The USS New Orleans.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

The ASDB

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite of the Wolf359 starship designs has always been the New Orleans class. I think you've just helped make me love even more. That is great.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it's the prototype, shouldn't it be "NX"?

Or...not? I'm still not sure on that. The only two original class ships we have seen (The Excelsior and Defiant) both started with "NX", but the Excelsior changed. Hmm.

Still, lovely model, and nicely lit.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget the Prometheus.
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the New Orleans class, the best of the so called Wold 359 kitbashes.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

Thanks, well I go with the opinion that the NX prefix is temporary for a certain period. All NX's later change to NCC.

I actually don't see the New Orleans as a kitbash. It has enough similarity for one to certainly call it part of the Galaxy family, but it also has enough of its own quality and personality to be an entirely unique and individual class of ship. It's also one of my favourites Siegfried, I'll be rendering up some more new stuff of it soon.

--------------------

The ASDB

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think he meant a "production kitbash" as opposed to a "Starfleet Kitbash". The artists who made the ship did use Galaxy model parts to make it, right?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

iam2xtreme
Member # 836

- posted      Profile for iam2xtreme         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The NX pefix only applies until the class goes into production. This is mentioned in the DS9TM and is the reason why the Galaxy has a NCC prefix.

--------------------

iam2xtreme
Member # 836

Just another point.....the Rutledges registry is NCC-57295. Lower than your prototype. Also, did you get my email?

--------------------

Jack_Crusher
Member # 696

- posted      Profile for Jack_Crusher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nice, but isn't there supposed to be a third nacelle in there somewhere?

--------------------
Fry- How will we get out of this?
George Takei's head- Maybe we can use some kind of auto-destruct code like one-A, two-B, three-C...
(Bender's head blows up)
Bender- Now everybody knows!
-Futurama's obligatory Star Trek episode

iam2xtreme
Member # 836

No, the new orleans class always only had two nacelles.

--------------------

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

Yes yes, I know the reg is higher than the Rutledge. It was my initial mistake, and I declare it so on the page for this ship on my site. It was a careless, dumb error.

what email was this?

Jack, iam2xtreme's right, perhaps you're thinking of Niagara class....?

--------------------

The ASDB

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps