Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Ambassador Class Bridge (Conjectural) (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Ambassador Class Bridge (Conjectural)
seanr
Member # 277

- posted      Profile for seanr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think he's trying to point out how sacastic you were about it in your first message ("But think of the power, and prestige! And running Quake III at five more frames a second! We're in admirational overload!"). [Wink]

--------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]
WEBolutionary
Speaking Freely

"The ulimate measure of a man is not where he stands in times of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy."
-- Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Prismatic EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
Hand on EdipisChopis, 1.5 gig what? That's far too small to be a hard drive, but if that's your RAM, then it's frankly obscene.

yeah, it's ram [Smile] . i got a good deal on 3 512 MB sticks of samsung pc2700.
IP: Logged
Prismatic EdipisReks
Ex-Member

quote:
Originally posted by Mucus:
Since they don't make Athlons that fast, that must be a P4 system thus 1.5 gigs of Rambus RAM thats just gross.
Thats about $1200 of RAM, thats worth more than my entire computer.

it's ddr, not rambus. the CPU is a [email protected], 100% stable. and 1.5 GB of PC-800 Rambus would only be about $700. it's gotten a lot cheaper. pc-1066 is still pretty expensive though, but it's fairly brand new.
Prismatic EdipisReks
Ex-Member

quote:

I mean, what possible performance difference are you going to get from having 1 gig of memory compared to 2 gig? You could have spent that money on CDs, or food, or going out, or something even remotly useful.

i like having a lot of photoshop and illustrator windows open at the same time. 1.5 GB maxes out my motherboard, and like i said, i got a good deal on the ram (it was only $148 a stick, so it would have been stupid not to buy it).
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See, Magnus, there comes a point when extreme sarcasm, mocking commentary, incessant reference to genital measurements, or condescending tone abruptly loses much of its charming, humorous nature.

That point is near.

[ August 08, 2002, 09:42: Message edited by: Colorful Cartman ]

seanr
Member # 277

- posted      Profile for seanr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Colorful Cartman:
See, Magnus, there comes a point when extreme sarcasm, mocking commentary, incessant reference to genital measurements, and condescending tone abruptly loses much of its charming, humurous nature.

That point is near.

ROTFLMFAO

--------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]
WEBolutionary
Speaking Freely

"The ulimate measure of a man is not where he stands in times of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy."

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is no point, it's an asymptotic curve. We can never reach the point where I will not derive a hearty laugh from the misfortunes and failings of others, as pointed out by someone in the disguise of sympathy. This is where It Is At.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
(it was only $148 a stick, so it would have been stupid not to buy it).

quote:
1.5 GB of PC-800 Rambus would only be about $700
Am I the only person confused by the use of the word "only" in these sentences?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Prismatic Faye Valentine Fanboy
Ex-Member

quote:
quote:
(it was only $148 a stick, so it would have been stupid not to buy it).

quote:
1.5 GB of PC-800 Rambus would only be about $700
Am I the only person confused by the use of the word "only" in these sentences?

well, $148 for a 512 stick of a particular and very rare batch of samsung pc2700 is very good (this particular batch can run at 400 mHz as opposed to the stock 333 mHz, which gives gonzo bandwidth) and Rambus used to be crazy expensive, so $700 for 1.5 GB of PC-800 RDRAM is comparatively cheap.
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damnit tell me where you bought those. I am stuck on two computers working on crappy 128 and 192 MB ram. I can't even play Warcraft 3 nor Armada or any other new game that looks good.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

seanr
Member # 277

quote:
Originally posted by Matrix:
Damnit tell me where you bought those. I am stuck on two computers working on crappy 128 and 192 MB ram. I can't even play Warcraft 3 nor Armada or any other new game that looks good.

That sounds more like a graphics card issue than a ram issue.

--------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]
WEBolutionary
Speaking Freely

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope. The graphic card is fine. It's that the game skips which usually means that not enough ram, or barely enough. Everything is fine except for the ram. I might have to upgrade the speed and memory but for right now they are within acceptable limits.

One computer I have was totaly rebuilt a few months back by my cousin. He says the only possibility of that computer not being able to run any games is probably because the motherboard is shot. In fact on Monday he's going to take a look at the other two computers.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Prismatic Faye Valentine Fanboy
Ex-Member

quote:
Originally posted by Matrix:
Nope. The graphic card is fine. It's that the game skips which usually means that not enough ram, or barely enough. Everything is fine except for the ram. I might have to upgrade the speed and memory but for right now they are within acceptable limits.

One computer I have was totaly rebuilt a few months back by my cousin. He says the only possibility of that computer not being able to run any games is probably because the motherboard is shot. In fact on Monday he's going to take a look at the other two computers.

if the motherboard was shot, the computer wouldn't work. the motherboard has no bearing on graphics performance (beyond the memory bandwidth that the chipset allows) unless it has onboard graphics. what are the specs of the systems?
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

Not shot as in not working totally. What I mean is that the connections to the hard drive and so on are shot. I mean I can use it as long as I am not saving on or using the removeable drives.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, uh, I was talking in Canadian dollars.
Booya.

Matrix: If your connections to your hard drive and so forth are "shot", wouldn't you have kinda noticed *before* trying to play the hip new computer games on the block?
I mean, what were you doing with your computer? Speluncking around the BIOS menus?

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps