Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » What is the name of this series??

Author Topic: What is the name of this series??
Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a typical Manga/Anime series.

There are 3 ships in this series capable of combining into a small robot. Although this isn't much used, because they can be docked into a larger robot, 2 in each leg, and one in the chest. All 3 ships and the robot are launched by a base (big ship???).

I also remember that the song 'Axel F' is used several times in the launch scene.

There is also a small boy, who has a special connection with the big robot.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about??

------------------

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like all of them.
I once saw a crappy ep of some show when six kids had 'bots who formed together limb-by-limb to a giant 'bot with tigerheads for hands. Don't recall the name though...

------------------
-You're crazy!!!
-Funny, I thought I was pisces!

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope you're not desribing Voltron, Nimrod...

------------------
"Alright... Who wrote 'Beavis and Butthead rule' on the back of my skull?"

- Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek Parody, The Critic

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think he means Voltran alright, although it has only 5 tigers (or even 4 and a lion).

But that is not the one I mean.

It was a planet based series. The name 'Macron 1' comes to my mind every time I think of it. But the only thing I found that was close to that was Macross, and that ain't it.

HMS White Star
Member # 174

- posted      Profile for HMS White Star     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A name came to me a at work, perhaps this is it. Transzore Z [possibly three words Trans Zor Z(I don't know it's Japanese name, but I remeber it as a Voltron like cartoon.

------------------
HMS White Star (your local friendly agent of Chaos and a d*mn lucky b*st*rd:-) )

Aaron the Overlord
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To me it sounds like the ... *Braces himself* ... Power Rangers

*Starts humming 'go go power rangers'*

------------------
'Today is a good day to die!' - Worf

IP: Logged

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps