Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Patrick S and The Doctor

Author Topic: Patrick S and The Doctor
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My new Sci-Fi weekly had a link to a story saying PS was going to play Doctor Who. I couldn't get a connection with the server, but if you would like to try, it's:
http://www.scifiweekly.com

------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a mans best friend. Inside of a dog, it's to dark to read. Groucho Marx

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The lead in was a "missleadin" Patrick is up for the role, a long with Larence Fishborn, another fine choice.

------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a mans best friend. Inside of a dog, it's to dark to read. Groucho Marx

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Who rumor mill has been in overdrive these past months. Last I heard there IS a movie project in the off, which has unfortunately also put the brakes on a TV revival that a British producer was asked to throw about a bit in his head.

Casting won't start until the project itself lifts off.
Personally I'd be peeved if Paul McGann wasn't asked.
OK, the US TVMovie had a poor script, but McGann showed great promise.

------------------
"FOOLS! Will I have to kill them ALL?!?!"

Brown_supahero
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Brown_supahero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They should cast Lenny Henry from "Chef!"

"the doctor in his final few lives turns black, turns psycotic and defeats his emimies by verbally abusing them with his brixton (london) venacular"

Then he should be accompanied by the guy who played Jeeves in "Fresh prince of Bel-air

"out to avenge Uncle phil's cancelation of "sparks" from UPN and placed in syndication on BET and Carelton's show "in the house" from being bought by CBS and putting it on 2 am, Jeeves goes back in time, when Will Smith dropped the "Fresh prince" and left Jazzy Jeff off his next album, to kill his white wash ass."

[This message has been edited by Brown_supahero (edited October 03, 1999).]

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmm...Lenny Henry.
I don't think it'd work - the comic aspect a little too strong when any relaunch would need a strong dramatic presence, which (all credit to Lenny) ain't him.

Samuel Jackson though, or Denzel washington could have a stab at it - if they can perfect a British accent!

------------------
"FOOLS! Will I have to kill them ALL?!?!"

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
who needs a British accent? Remember Kevin Costner's ground-breaking portrayal of Robin Hood?

Now, you've mentioned Lenny Henry, SamuelL. Jackson, and Denzel Washington, but you've omitted two obvious possibilities: Wil Smith and Eddie Murphy.

Maybe The Doctor could start as one and regenerate into the other. Turn it into a weekly TV series and you could have a new actor every episode! [how many lives does a Time Lord have? 13? we need to rewrite that, make it about fifty.]

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

No Americans please, it's a britt show, and should remain so. I liked the TV movie well enough, but the series was better.

------------------

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going for Hollywood "high concept" here, not accuracy. All that matters is the recognizability of the celebrity, not the suitability.

That's why I think we should turn stodgy, cerebral Doctor Who into something that the kids will identify with, something with multi-cultural aspects and high international box office potential.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the new Doctor Who: Jackie Chan.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps