Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » BSG 3x06 $$$ "A Measure of Salvation" (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: BSG 3x06 $$$ "A Measure of Salvation"
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You have to wonder if the writers chose Simon knowing it'd get a dumb cry out outrage and hoping that enough people had their heads screwed on tightly enough to see it for what it was.
Nope! I listened to Ron Moore's podcast (recorded before the episode publicly aired), and the reason that they put Simon in that scene was because their original idea of having the Six in there didn't work out, because it wasn't in character for Six to be the one to be willing to talk. There had been an angle with Leoben and Kara (that didn't work out and was cut), and they didn't want to use him too much. So they picked Simon, because he hadn't had anything to do lately. They could easily have done the Sharon model that was captured, but that would be a bit confusing. Dean Stockwell wasn't even in the episode, either.

I'm 100% sure that the writers didn't give the race thing a single thought, and for very good reason.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it kinda fit what we knew of him so far. As a doctor, it would be in character for him to look for a cure.

MM, where'd you get that quote in your sig? I'm sure it's from the podcasts, but specifically which episode and about what?

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps