Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » SGA "Irresponsible" [Spoilers]

Author Topic: SGA "Irresponsible" [Spoilers]
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ugh. Lucius Lavin. AGAIN.

-Well, he is significantly less annoying this time around, even though he's still up to his old con.

-The town has been seen in Stargate before, three years ago in SG1's "Revisions" (wherein a town of people are computer controlled to save the town, which is inside a force field).

-"I'm invincible. I can't be vinced". [Razz]

-I'm told that the original town was supposed to have more of a Western fling to it, but was unavailable. This in turn explains why the hell the ex-Genii soldiers looked like cowboy bank robbers and carried old revolvers and such. Seriously, they aren't even TRYING anymore with the weapons.

-Earth reference of the day that is strangely used by people in another galaxy: schnitzel.

-I'm still particularly confused how Kolya caught Lucius. I mean, he's invincible. He can't be vinced. Why not fight your way through the guards or at least to the point where he can breathe?

-For all that happened, I'm a little sad that Kolya finally bites it in a backwards, gullible village on a backwards, gullible planet.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably much like the invulnerable guy in Rising Stars, while he's invulnerable he's not actually any stronger than normal. (The previous Genii attack probably just faked how strong he was)

As for Kolya, it does suck since he's one of the few "character" villains on Atlantis.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm willing to bet that the actor simply wanted out of the role, so they offed him rather unceremoniously in what is otherwise a forgettable episode. Down the line, we're sure to be asked "Whatever happened to Kolya?" by the more casual watchers of the show.

Hey, the Genii were using the Satedan guns this week, but with little plugs in the barrel ends!

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps